Become Part of Our Team
As an industry leader Balfour Beatty offers employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes competitive salaries, comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits, paid time off and volunteer hours, education assistance and much more including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical Reimbursement)
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Paid Personal Days
- Paid Volunteer time
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Referral Bonus
Balfour Beatty Construction in Atlanta, Georgia is seeking a Senior BIM/VDC Engineer to join our team. Balfour Beatty is committed to meaningful technology integration with measurable results, and the Senior BIM/VDC Engineer is a vital part of that equation. The primary role of the Sr. VDC Engineer is the successful implementation of BIM (Building Information Modeling), VDC (Virtual Design and Construction), and technology related processes on construction projects. General responsibilities include coordination of trades/models, development of models for internal and external use, and support for technology integration in operations (laser scanning, drone photography, etc…). The Sr. VDC Engineer serves as an essential team member to Balfour Beatty's Operations, Preconstruction, and Integrated Projects (IP) departments. The Sr. VDC Engineer serves as a technology liaison between the BBC project teams, the client, designers (architectural and engineering firms) and subcontractors. In addition to software and technical skills, the Senior VDC Engineer should exhibit self-motivation and good problem-solving skills. This role will initially focus on a large, complex project that will no doubt be a landmark in the Atlanta market. As a Senior VDC Engineer, there will be times where work will need to be performed on other projects as well, providing opportunities to gain additional experience that can lead to growth potential. This role will specifically focus on integration in the field and will require a mix of time spent on site and in the office.
- Assists the Development of the BIM Implementation Plan / BIM Execution Plan on new projects.
- Assists the execution of Balfour Beatty's role in preconstruction workflows.
- Assist the Preconstruction team in using BIM tools for analyzing and using BIM model.
- Assist the project team to execute the BIM Implementation Plan / BIM Execution Plan.
- Assist development of the BIM schedule; help incorporate into project CPM schedule.
- Lead Clash Detection sessions and BIM related meetings.
- Mentor, teach and assist all project team members on the use of BIM Applications.
- Develop processes and SOP for using new technology.
- Build models or further develop existing models to be used for specific BIM processes at all project phases.
- Assist project teams by modeling building systems as needed.
- Proactively pursues personal development to remain proficient in latest BIM technologies and programs.
- B.S. in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering, or related field and 2+ years of experience as a Project Engineer or Estimator. Preference will be given to those with field experience. Should have experience with BIM/technology programs from a project.
- Proficiency with Navisworks and/or other coordination software is required.
- Requires well-rounded basic knowledge and experience of the design and construction processes prior to holding this position. Familiar with team based delivery, contracting and the design-build process.
- Demonstrates proficiency using the basics functions of a personal computer (email, internet, Word, Excel, Office, Outlook, etc).
- Experience utilizing BIM 360 platform on projects a plus
- Experience laser-scanning and layout/surveying is a plus.
- Experience with Revit or other modeling software such as Tekla, AutoCAD, and Civil 3D is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are requirements of this position.
- Exhibits commitment to quality by evaluating processes and making necessary changes, using customer input to make improvements and meeting/exceeding customer expectations.
Balfour Beatty US is an industry-leading provider of general contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build services for public and private sector clients across the nation. Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, our teams build the unique structures and infrastructure that play an important role in how people live, work, learn and play in our communities. Our teammates have an instinctive passion for innovating that is fueled by a relentless curiosity, a drive to employ lean practices and processes and the determination to find a better way. Through Zero Harm®, we are challenging the construction industry’s assumptions about safety. We believe that no level of harm should come to anyone as a result of our business.
Consistently ranked among the nation’s largest building contractors, by Engineering News-Record, our US business is a subsidiary of London-based Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY).
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.