3D Model (Tekla) Technician
ADF International in Great Falls, Montana is currently hiring for a 3D Model (Tekla) Technician for their steel fabrication plant.
$50-60K per year
Qualified candidates will have:
- Minimum an Associate’s Degree in AutoCad Drafting or other relevant education
- Technical knowledge of blueprint reading, detailing and 3D steel modeling experience
Preferred candidates will have:
- Knowledge of AutoCad 2010, Tekla Structures, and SDS/2
- Work experience in the structural steel industry
Office Shift: Monday-Thursday 7:00 am-4:30 pm, Friday 7:00 am-12:00 pm
Key Technical Skills/Abilities:
- Read and interpret blueprints and 3d drawings, mathematical skills
- Report to the plant manager
- Consult the 3D model in order to response to any technical question arise in fabrication.
- Clarify or provide missing measurements of shop drawing to production.
- Provide additional information for fabrication purposes.
- Execute query and extract data from the 3D model on request.
- Aid to resolve shop drawings issues and/or problems with production and project management.
- Keep fabrication team informed of all detailing, CAD and BIM information, when applicable.
- Generate reports from 3D model, on request.
- Draw layout from client model (3D model) when required for fabrication operations.
- Validate /extract the CNC files from 3D model when required.
- Help define the fabrication methodology and assembly sequence using 3D view of complex structural steel assemblies.
- Produce, on request, detailed steel work drawings or sketches.
- Consult and annotates shop and erection drawings for production purposes.
- Any other related duties as instructed.
- Be a support to production operations.
- Be accurate in the consultation, extraction and distribution of information.
Founded in 1956, ADF GROUP INC. is a North American leader in the design and engineering of connections, fabrication, including industrial coating, and installation of complex steel structures, heavy steel built-ups, as well as miscellaneous and architectural metalwork for the non-residential construction Industry.
ADF Group Inc. operates two steel structure fabrication plants; one of 630,000 ft2 (58,530 m2) in the province of Quebec, Canada and one of 100,000 ft2 (9,290 m2) in Montana, USA through its US subsidiary "ADF International Inc.", where ADF Group Inc. also operates a 48,000 ft2 (4,460 m2) industrial coating plant through “ADF Industrial Coating Inc.”.
What we offer at ADF International/Industrial Coating Inc.:
- Relocation assistance.
- All full-time employees, working at least 30 hours per week, will be eligible for benefits on the 1st day of the month following 30 days of employment.
- ADF offers medical and dental (employer pays 100% of premium for employee and 75% of premium for dependents) and voluntary vision insurance.
- Employer provides Long Term Disability and Basic Life Insurance.
- Supplemental Life Insurance is available to our employees and their spouses and children.
- ADF also offers Flexible Spending Accounts which are tax advantaged medical and dependent care savings plans.
- Regular full-time employees are eligible to accrue Paid Time Off (PTO).
- New employees start accruing PTO immediately upon hire and are eligible to use PTO following completion of 30 days of employment.
- ADF International recognizes and is closed for 8 paid holidays during the year.
- ADF has established a 401 (k) plan to provide employees the potential for future financial security for retirement and provides matching funds after 6 months of employment.
- ADF will match 50% of the employee’s contribution up to a max of 5%.