Become Part of Our Team
As an industry leader Balfour Beatty offers employees a comprehensive benefits package with competitive salaries and more. This includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical Reimbursement)
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Paid Personal Days
- Paid Volunteer time
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Referral Bonus
Balfour Beatty Construction, in Charlotte, North Carolina is seeking an MEP Manager. The MEP Manager defines the MEP execution process, oversees all MEP work on a single, large construction project.
- Approve all MEP and Commissioning schedules.
- Assist with the preparation of the GMP.
- Supervise MEP subcontracting strategies and originate Scopes of Work for MEP bid packages and equipment.
- Negotiate pricing and change orders with contractors and equipment manufacturers.
- Perform MEP constructability (IDC+) and coordination reviews of contract documents.
- Provide guidance and approve the MEP Contractors schedule of values.
- Define best approach for MEP buyout.
- Ensure timely and proper execution of the MEP Coordination Process (BIM).
- Create a project specific MEP quality plan and verify its proper execution.
- Perform site inspections for MEP compliance with contract documents.
- Establish and implement controls to identify and correct negative trends affecting the CX program.
- Communicate with the owner/owner’s representative on a regular basis to understand expectations and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field required.
- Ten years or more of experience in Construction/MEP Coordination/Preconstruction.
- General understanding of Building Codes, Mechanical Codes, Electrical Codes and Plumbing Codes as they relate to construction of project.
- General knowledge of construction principles/practices required.
- Experienced dealing with MEP subcontracts and subcontractors.
- Management of the MEP systems including buyout of subcontracts, management of the material procurement, coordination of all MEP systems, Quality control plans as well as QC inspections, oversight and leading commissioning efforts with owner commissioning agents.
Balfour Beatty US is an industry-leading provider of general contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build services for public and private sector clients across the nation. Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, our teams build the unique structures and infrastructure that play an important role in how people live, work, learn and play in our communities. Our teammates have an instinctive passion for innovating that is fueled by a relentless curiosity, a drive to employ lean practices and processes and the determination to find a better way. Through Zero Harm®, we are challenging the construction industry’s assumptions about safety. We believe that no level of harm should come to anyone as a result of our business.
Consistently ranked among the nation’s largest building contractors, by Engineering News-Record, our US business is a subsidiary of London-based Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY).
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.