Classic Industrial Services is dedicated to providing high-quality industrial construction services. We have been in business for over 25 years and our current area of focus includes industrial insulation, scaffolding, siding, and refractory services.
Job Title: Scaffold Helper
Department: Denver, CO (Metro Denver)
Reports to: Foreman
Management Role: Non-Manager
Salary Range: $TBD
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Loading and off-loading materials, distributing materials in areas to construct scaffold.
- As directed by scaffold carpenter, may load/transport/unload and furnish scaffold carpenter with materials, tools, equipment, and supplies.
- Follow specific directions
- Perform a variety of duties which may often change
- Work within standards of accuracy
- Repeat tasks of short duration according to a set procedure
- Evaluate information using measurable standards
- Must be able to: Stand or walk for long periods
- Use arms and hands to reach for, handle, and manipulate objects
- Lift and carry materials weighing 50 to 100 pounds
- Climb up and down ladders, scaffolds, and other objects and carry tools and equipment
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl, and see (naturally or with correction).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Construction industry experience is required
- Fabrication experience is a plus
- Mechanically inclined
- Possess a valid driver’s license with a clean record; in accordance to Company Policy
- Willing to pass a background check and pre-employment drug test
Formal Education and Experience Required:
High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or 0-2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Use of arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, and pull: objects, materials, controls and tools. May be required to lift, carry and move up to 50 lbs.
- Walk (move, traverse) Frequently
- Used hands/fingers to handle or feel (operate, activate, use, prepare, inspect, place, detect, position) Constantly
- Climb (stairs, ladders) or balance (ascend/descend, work atop, traverse) Frequently
- Talk/hear (communicate, detect, converse with, discern, convey, express oneself, exchange information) Frequently
- See (detect, determine, perceive, identify, recognize, judge, observe, inspect, estimate, asses) Constantly
- Reaching : Constantly
Hazards and Atmospheric Conditions:
While performing the responsibilities of this job, the work environment is primarily construction-site based and may involve traveling between various geographic locations or projects. Employee will be required to wear personal protective clothing including but not limited to ear protection, eye protection, hard hat, gloves, and reflective gear. The employee will frequently be on active construction sites involving heavy machinery, cranes, and other vehicles. The employee will frequently/constantly work outdoors and in weather conditions such as extreme heat, cold, and precipitation. Work will involve occasional to frequent exposure to high places, confined spaces, noise, and weather elements.
Equipment and Tools:
Equipment used for job:
Constructions site visits may require: Hard Hat, Safety Glasses, High Visibility Vest, Etc.
List tools: Scaffold Tools
List vehicles driven: Light Truck or car
Valid state issued driver’s license and a safe driving record required to operate company vehicle
Disclaimer: This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; and nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description is subject to change at any time.
Classic is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing law.