Western States Fire Protection (WSFP) and its subsidiaries are more than a company. We are a family of unique individuals committed to our purpose, our values, and each other. And we believe in making our own luck, creating our own opportunities. WSFP accomplishes this by constantly innovating, finding ways to create new value and seizing new opportunities.
Protecting lives and property since 1985, WSFP and its subsidiaries specializes in Life Safety Systems. Our values are simple: integrity, quality, safety, professionalism, commitment.
What we offer:
- Health, Life, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending (FSA) (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
This individual will design, coordinate, and project manage the fire sprinkler systems for commercial, industrial, and residential buildings. He or she will design and create the finished representation for the sprinkler systems using drawing and drafting skills and tools. The drawings produced will be used as a guide by every other link in the chain of construction, both on-site and in the office. This person will have responsibility for the initial planning of a project including scheduling of time, creating material stock listing, analyzing changes, and solving problems.
• Review construction contract documents and coordinate with sub-contractors and General Contractor/owner to gather the required information to design the project’s sprinkler system
• Through use of analytical thinking and problem solving, determine construction feasibility and systems possibilities
• Create detailed drawings through extensive use of AutoCAD or AutoSprink type programs
• Create stock list for all material required throughout the project
• Perform hydraulic calculations
• Develop initial schedules for preliminary project work
• Maintain design historical records and historical records for all functions for future use
• Ensure work complies with codes and permits
• Recommend improvements in project management procedures and overall company business practices
• Construction Management degree, Engineering degree or other applicable degree from a technical school or college is required
• Demonstrated ability with AutoSprink or other specialized fire sprinkler layout software is desirable
• AutoCAD experience is required
• Proven ability and track record of performing work in a timely manner and meeting deadlines
• Detail-oriented and skilled in free hand and mechanical lettering and drawings
• Willing to coordinate and work well with others
• Possess excellent communication skills-written and verbal
• Willing to regularly travel overnight
• Willing to pass a background check and post-offer drug test
All qualified applicants with Western States Fire Protection Company will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor