Why Waupaca Foundry?
Waupaca Foundry, Inc. is North America’s leading supplier of iron castings and has a history of innovation with a legacy of product quality. Waupaca Foundry employs approximately 4,400 people company-wide.
Waupaca Foundry is committed to relentless improvement, forward-thinking sustainability initiatives, and providing a reliable experience to the millions who use our castings every day. Our goal is to employ individuals who take pride in their work within a culture of continual innovation.
Waupaca Foundry is proud to be an employer of choice for those driven and skilled individuals seeking rewarding careers by producing top quality castings.
You will be right at home at Waupaca Foundry.
Cast Your Own Future.
More information is available on our website www.waupacafoundry.com
Offsite Grinding Operator
This is an entry position for new hires joining the company. Individuals hired as General Foundry will be assigned to a production or service department, to train and acquire the necessary skills and work pace to advance to a department specific job classification. The position often requires weekend work and/or mandatory overtime. All General Foundry assignments are considered to be heavy industrial, and are repetitive in nature.
- Successfully complete safety training, and demonstrate ability to comply with departmental safety policy and guidelines
- Demonstrate ability to utilize process control documents and Departmental Work Instructions (DWIs)
- Participate in WF’s 6-S Program (housekeeping)
- Successfully complete training in WF’s ISO 14001 Environmental Certification
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain a work pace consistent with the company’s goal of the on time delivery
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Operating hand tools, machines and other equipment
- Visually inspect products for defects
- Solid work history
- Good oral communications
- Understanding and following instructions
- Problem solving
- Dependable and responsible
- Positive work attitude
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to adapt to a flexible work schedule
- Ability to work without supervision
If selected for consideration, candidates must successfully complete a selection process that includes interviews, reference check/verification, pre-employment drug screen, a pre-employment physical, and a job function test.
Waupaca Foundry offers competitive wages and exceptional benefits, including:
- Medical, dental, vision
- Short and long term disability
- Life insurance
- Employer funded retirement plan
- Paid vacations/holidays
- Wellness program
- Fitness membership
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Employer supported career development, including tuition reimbursement
Waupaca Foundry is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.