APi National Service Group (www.APi-NSG.com) offers nationwide fire protection solutions to companies with a national or regional portfolio of properties. With fire and life safety branch offices located across the U.S., our purpose is to provide a single point of contact for customers. With a portfolio of customers across many industries, we continue to grow as one of the country’s preferred national service providers for fire and life safety systems.
As a result of our continued growth, APi NSG is currently seeking candidates for an Accounting Specialist position to join our Accounting Team at our New Brighton location. This position will report into the Accounting Team Lead.
The primary responsibility of the Accounting Specialist is processing accounts payable and account receivable invoices to various accounts. This is a high volume position and has multiple interactions daily with both internal and external clients. We will also look to the individual in this role to be actively involved as we integrate and/or convert a variety of accounting systems.
Key Job Responsibilities include:
- Process Accounts Receivable invoices for various customer accounts.
- Process Accounts Payable invoices for various customer accounts.
- Maintain and improve our invoice turnaround metric (days to invoice metric).
- Collaborate with the accounting team to improve accounting systems and processes.
- Display strong collections practices and follow-up with the appropriate customer contact to obtain payment on outstanding invoices in a timely manner.
- Provide follow up on service provider payables.
- Track and close out service work orders.
- Provide backup (or as needed) support for other accounting roles including:
- Assist with the call center phone triage
- AR deposits and distributions
- Submittal of sales tax returns
- AP check runs
- 1-3 years of accounting experience including AP and AR, collections experience helpful.
- Understanding of accounting principles helpful, some accounting education preferred.
- Computer proficiency (Outlook, Excel, Word).
- Strong oral, interpersonal, and written English communications skills; must be able to communicate effectively to both internal and external clients at all levels.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a high volume work environment.
- Proficient and accurate data entry skills necessary.
- Must be a self-starter.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including Health & Dental Insurance, 401K Program with a company match, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), Short and Long-Term Disability, paid vacations and holidays, and educational opportunities.
If you are interested in joining our team, please follow the instructions below and forward your resume and cover letter with salary requirements.
No phone calls please.
APi NSG is a division of APi Group, Inc. (www.apigroupinc.com), an energetic organization providing leadership to a diverse family of companies dedicated to delivering innovative solutions to the construction industry.
APi Group and its subsidiary companies are equal opportunity employers and part of the Drug-Free Workplace Act.
We will contact you for an interview if we feel you are a good fit for the position and our organization.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.