Since 1955, Nicholson Construction Company has been setting the industry standard for performance and technical innovation in geotechnical construction. We have built our reputation by performing the highest quality work and providing the most innovative solutions on the widest range of demanding and high profile projects. Nicholson is part of a global network of unparalleled geotechnical resources and expertise, specializing in deep foundations, earth retention, ground treatment and ground improvement.
Nicholson's incoming Project Engineers will be part of the Engineering Development Program (EDP), a three year, rotational mentoring program. The primary goal of the EDP is to create valuable contributors in our organization through early career development that emphasizes execution. Opportunities will be provided so that successful candidates:
- Receive broad experience in the design and build world of construction;
- Balance office experience with critical job‐site experience;
- Work in different parts of the country and in a variety of geologic environments;
- Learn to read and understand exploration reports, construction drawings and specifications;
- Learn the many techniques and applications in geotechnical construction;
- Feel the sense of accomplishment from a well‐constructed project; and
- Get to know the great people at Nicholson.
Participants are coordinated and mentored by the Program Director. Engineers participate in the program for approximately 3 years.
During this time, participants are given assignments that will allow them to learn the many facets of geotechnical construction, including on-site quality control, management, and supervisory roles. Office roles to include: design, estimating, and business development.
These positions will involve extensive travel but you will be based out of one of our regional offices. Participants in the program will be required to establish residence in one of these locations (Pittsburgh, Denver, Newark, Kalamazoo, or Salt Lake City). When working on construction sites, participants will be provided a hotel or apartment with the project team and will receive per diem payments to cover meals and incidental expenses.
The training program will challenge participants with broad experience and a deep understanding of Nicholson and the projects we undertake. It is a springboard for future growth. The program director will work with other senior leaders to place successful candidates upon completion of the program into corporate or regional positions with Nicholson Construction.
Applicants should be graduates in Civil Engineering or Construction Management and authorized to work in the US. Preference will be given to candidates specializing in geotechnical, structural, or construction areas as well as those with a Master’s degree.
Expectations for success in the program include:
- A willingness to travel extensively to gain experience on various jobsites with different techniques.
- A strong work ethic and dedication to your own professional growth.
- Conscientious work habits that include attention to detail, clear documentation, and progressively improving communication skills.
- Being a respectful team player who demonstrates a commitment to aiding the development of people around you.
- The ability to think critically about problems, provide solutions and decide a course of action.
- A willingness to accept and implement constructive feedback from the Program Director and other managers within the company.
- Ethical behavior at all times.
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Safe Harbor Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation
- Personal days
- Sick days
Nicholson Construction participates in E-Verify.
Please be advised that all interested candidates are REQUIRED to attach a copy of your resume in order to be considered.