United Infrastructure Group (UIG) continues to be a leader in the transportation construction industry in the Southeast with a 90+ year history of delivering successful projects by hiring exceptional employees to work in a professional family environment. UIG is committed to developing the best workforce possible by constantly recruiting, training, and promoting construction industry professionals throughout our organization.
Due to continued growth, we are currently looking for Form Carpenters to join our team in North and South Carolina!
Typical Duties include but are not limited to:
- Follow safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Select specified type of lumber or other materials.
- Prepare layout, using a rule or measuring tape and framing square.
- Mark cutting and assembly lines on materials, using a pencil, chalk, and marking gauge.
- Shape materials to prescribed measurements, using saws, chisels, and planes.
- Assemble cut and shaped materials and fasten them together with nails, dowel pins, or glue.
- Construct forms and chutes for pouring concrete.
- Erect scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above the ground level.
- Saw lumber to blueprint dimensions, using a handsaw or power saw, and nail lumber together to make form panels.
- Erect built-in-place forms or assemble and install prefabricated forms.
- Anchor and brace forms to fixed objects, using nails, bolts, anchor rods, and steel cables.
- Some assembly of forms may be required by bolt up connections.
- Layout and install embeds in concrete form-work.
- Complete all additional duties as directed by supervisor.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
- Work within precise standards of accuracy.
- Must have basic carpenter tools.
- Rate information using standards, which can be measured or checked.
- Compare and see differences in the size, shape, and forms of lines, figures, and objects.
- Must follow policies and procedures and support UIG’s mission.
- 18 years of Age
- Able to pass a Drug Test
- Legally Eligible to Work in the US
- Additional Requirements for Craft Workers:
- Must have own transportation to and from jobsite every work day (driver's license not required).
- Must provide own hand tools (excluding power tools).
- May be expected to travel where the project requires (multi-state opportunities).