Due to the COVID-19 health crisis, the initial interviews for this job opening will be conducted via video or phone. The hiring process may be delayed during this time.
This is an exciting new opportunity for a seasoned Senior Project Manager with a strong background in Higher Education. In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for the overall performance of the project(s) from the estimating/preconstruction phase to successful completion including safety, owner satisfaction, cost, schedule and quality control.
- Client relations.
- Overall administration of project(s).
- Estimating related to project costs.
- Subcontract and Purchase Order scope development.
- Project Cost Accounting set up.
- Document control.
- Schedule of Values.
- Project Scheduling.
- Prime Contract Administration.
- Invoice Review and Approval.
- Monthly Position Report.
- Owner & Engineer / Architect relations.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelors Degree in Building Construction, Construction Management, or Construction Engineering.
- Three to five years’ experience as a Senior Project Manager in Commercial Construction overseeing multiple projects simultaneously or single project(s) at or exceeding $30 million plus.
- Must have OCPS experience.
- Organization, management and communication skills a must.
- Good documentation skills.
- Computer application experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Primavera Project Planning (P6).
- Contract Manager Software (PMIS) experience a plus.
Job seekers should be aware of potential job scams. Wharton-Smith will not ask candidates to pay money upfront, or provide banking information during the interview process. We will not ask a candidate to pay a fee for a background check, or to purchase work-at-home equipment or materials prior to starting work. We require a face-to-face interview with candidates before we make a job offer. For more information, please go to the Federal Trade Commission website.