Ed’s Heating Cooling Plumbing Electric is three trades strong. We are the trusted choice when it comes to installs, repairs and maintaining heating and cooling equipment, plumbing and electrical systems in the Dayton, Ohio area.
Customer confidence and satisfaction comes first and is the focus of our actions, recommendations and why we are in business. Since opening in 1986, Ed’s Heating Cooling Plumbing and Electric has been built on an “above the line” behavior. We believe this has set us apart and will continue to help us serve our loyal and satisfied customers for years to come.
At Ed’s Heating Cooling Plumbing Electric we care about being the best in all we do and we want someone on our team that cares too. We encourage anyone that is looking to be masters of their own trade, but empowered to perform three trades strong to apply today!
We are currently looking for experienced Plumbers to join our team in Tipp City, Ohio. This position’s primary responsibility will be to work on various pipe systems—including sewage, water, gas, and wastewater. All interested candidates must be able to assemble, install, and repair pipes, fittings, and fixtures of heating, water, and drainage systems, according to specifications and plumbing codes.
- Assemble pipe sections, tubing and fittings, using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement, plastic solvent, caulking, or soldering, brazing and welding equipment.
- Install sinks, toilets, bathtubs, showers, and other type of appliances
- Fill pipes or plumbing fixtures with water or air and observe pressure gauges to detect and locate leaks.
- Read and review blueprints and building codes and specifications to determine work details and procedures.
- Offer solution options, prepare written work proposals, and cost estimates.
- Perform calculations and planning for special or very large jobs.
- Use Specialized Tools- measure, cut, thread, and bend pipe to required angle, using hand and power tools or machines such as pipe cutters, pipe-threading machines, and pipe-bending machines.
- Install pipe assemblies, fittings, valves, appliances such as dishwashers and water heaters, and fixtures such as sinks and toilets, using hand and power tools.
- Cut openings in structures to accommodate pipes and pipe fittings, using hand and power tools.
- Repair and maintain plumbing, replacing defective washers, replacing or mending broken pipes, and opening clogged drains.
- Install underground storm, sanitary and water piping systems and extend piping to connect fixtures and plumbing to these systems.
- Install water systems.
- Staying compliant with local, state and federal building codes.
- 4 or more years of experience as an apprentice plumber, or comparable education
- Ability to follow/perform plumbing installation procedures and trouble-shoot problems
- Ability to follow controls/wiring schematic
- Ability to braze/solder/weld, and perform minor field fabrication
- Ability to communicate clearly in a friendly, personable way with customers and coworkers
- Valid social security card, driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Strong attention to detail with a desire and ability to complete the job correctly the first time
- Understands and follows proper safety techniques
- Health Insurance (with optional dental and vision plans)
- $15,000 Life Insurance coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Disability income protection plan
- 401k plan
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with 3% company match
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) with 3% company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Continuing education
- Uniforms provided
- Tool allowance
- More than 40 hours of paid training provided annually