BLT (www.bltoffice.com) is a vertically-integrated developer and operator of both multifamily and commercial properties. In the last 10 years, BLT has constructed over 4,700 apartment units including 10 buildings (3,000 units) at Harbor Point in Stamford (www.harborpt.com) where they are the master developer, 1,100 units at the Beacon in Jersey City (www.thebeaconjc.com/), 470 units in Danbury (www.abbeywoodsct.com/) and 132 units in Norwalk (www.oneglover.com). BLT currently has more than 900 units under construction in Stamford and Norwalk with a robust pipeline of future projects. In addition to their multifamily properties, BLT is the largest commercial landlord in Stamford and Norwalk, CT and has invested in, developed, owned and managed more than 25 million square feet of commercial, hotel and residential properties across 26 states. BLT is also the largest franchisee of Sotheby’s residential real estate brokerage, with 28 offices and 1,000 real estate agents.
Job Title: Facility Tech II
Performs tasks related to the general building operations and needs. Inspects, tests, and performs Operation & Maintenance (O&M) preventative maintenance inspections on mechanical, electrical and automatic temperature control equipment utilizing results oriented strategies to ensure continuing operation
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs mechanical work required for installation and maintenance of equipment, systems and facilities in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, and manufacturers specifications.
- Performs preventative maintenance and repairs on all air & water distribution system equipment including air handlers, ductwork, fans & motors, dampers, variable air volume systems and their components, mechanical cooling/chilled water system, condenser water system, heating & hot water system, pumps, clocks, potable & domestic water system, humidification, life safety systems, ice storage, supplemental heating & cooling equipment, and sanitary systems & equipment. Including but not limited to belt adjustments, oiling, greasing and cleaning of equipment or replacement of various types of mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Performs preventive maintenance on various electrical and mechanical equipment
- Performs re-lamping both indoor and outdoor.
- Performs daily operation, inspects, maintains, repairs or assists in the repairs the buildings Energy Management System & Building Automation System and the Fire Safety System when required. Must also stay educated on the operation of these systems either through manuals and or service representative training, when provided.
- Conducts daily/weekly tours of mechanical spaces, tenant/public areas, roofs, and building grounds.
- Maintains daily logs, readings and reports for operational efficiency
- Respond to service calls/tenant request for HVAC, plumbing, lighting, escorts, general carpentry & painting duties, key making, picture hanging, safely move furniture and equipment as needed, and provide support or assistants when needed.
- Communicate with the owner, owner’s representative, or supervisor on the work performed and present status of the mechanical/electrical/infrastructure systems.
- Stays abreast of changes (safety and code) in the field through seminars and other educational means.
- Provides information for input to client work order tracking system to initiate work orders for unscheduled jobs, develop materials lists for ordering, and may be required to provide technical support for projects.
- Responds to emergency situations and traces, troubleshoots and repairs problems; may wear a pager and or carry a cell phone for rapid response.
- Conducts general housekeeping to mechanical/electrical rooms including sweeping, mopping and painting.
- Completes work in accordance with BLT Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions.
- Performs light snow removal when required.