BLT (www.bltoffice.com) is a vertically-integrated developer of multifamily and commercial properties, as well as large-scale mixed-use communities. BLT is currently in the midst of several large scale, complex development projects involving both vertical and infrastructure development. In the last 10 years, BLT has constructed over 4,700 apartment units including 10 buildings (3,000 units) at Harbor Point in Stamford (www.harborpt.com) where they are the master developer, 1,100 units at the Beacon in Jersey City (www.thebeaconjc.com/) , 470 units in Danbury (www.abbeywoodsct.com ) and 132 units in Norwalk (www.oneglover.com ). BLT currently has more than 900 units under construction in Stamford and Norwalk with a robust pipeline of future projects. In addition to their multifamily properties, BLT is the largest commercial landlord in Stamford and Norwalk, CT and has invested in, developed, owned and managed more than 25 million square feet of commercial, hotel and residential properties across 26 states. BLT is also the largest franchisee of Sotheby’s residential real estate brokerage, with 28 offices and 1,000 real estate agents.
BLT is looking for a Director of Infrastructure Construction to oversee all aspects of infrastructure construction related to their development projects. The Director of Infrastructure Construction will direct BLT’s civil engineering, traffic engineering, infrastructure construction and environmental remediation.
The Director of Infrastructure Construction will lead complex projects and must be capable of taking conceptual projects through construction completion, and must have a solid background in civil engineering and operations, infrastructure planning, and design involving roadway corridors, streets, highways, and utilities.
10+ years of Operations Management (Field Operations or Project Management) experience with a heavy emphasis on civil construction projects with the ability to think on your feet and make decisions in the field.
- Work with BLT ownership and external design professionals to design infrastructure improvements
- Oversee contractors in the field
- Technical oversight of staff and projects
- Liaison with regulatory agencies, City, State, Federal and Utility Companies
- Work in conjunction with BLT’s vertical development team.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or related field required.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in Engineering (or equivalent
combination of working knowledge and experience).
- Local project experience highly desirable.
- Supervising experience, directing tasks and performing QA/QC is required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Interface and solve concerns with superintendents, vendors, clients, engineers, architects, city officials, etc.
- Create vendor contracts and purchase orders.
- Review and approve A/P and prepare draws.
- Weekly and monthly project cost tracking.
- Maintain physical and digital files.
- Conduct regular site visits.
- Act as point of contact for owner after project contracts are signed.
- Must be able to issue contracts and PO’s in a timely and complete manner.
- Must be able to solve problems both in the field and office.
- Attend weekly field meetings on multiple concurrent projects.
- Ability to make decisions in the field.
- Utility knowledge a must.