Hardsuit Labs, located in Seattle, was founded in 2015 with the same goal as every other game development studio that has ever existed – to make great games. What sets us apart is the way we make that happen:
It’s all about our people.
It takes talented, driven people to make great games. Here at the Lab, we work hard to create and to maintain an environment that not only attracts those people and keeps them here, but that allows them to thrive and to do what they do best – to make great games. It’s not always as easy as it sounds, but it really is that simple.
We might as well admit it: we’re obsessive about our people and our culture here at the Lab. We believe in hiring a mix of seasoned industry veterans and talented young upstarts, but talent and shipped titles aren’t enough; we’re looking for people who bring a variety of experiences and perspectives – people who we can spend time with, and people who can navigate the unpredictable waters of modern game development as a tight-knit group.
We believe in low turnover, and take steps to guard against the “staff-up and lay-off” cycle that is so common in this industry. When we hire, we hire for the long term, and we’re unapologetically picky about it.
About the Job
Hardsuit Labs is currently looking for a talented level designer to join our growing team, and help us create exciting new gameplay experiences!
You are where the rubber meets the road – taking the hard work of fellow developers and bringing it all together into the gameplay experiences people will talk to their grandkids about. You know how to design, layout, build, and populate levels that challenge and entertain players; from multiplayer shooters to single player battles with devious AI. You determine the pacing, framing, and challenge that separates the great titles from the merely good, and you do it all as a member of a team.
- 3 years professional design experience.
- Experience working with Unreal Technology (UE4 preferred)
- Experience designing, building, and populating game levels
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Ability to conceptualize and communicate an engaging gameplay experience and the technical ability to carry out your vision
- Programming experience (C/C++ or equivalent)
- Game scripting experience (Lua, Python, etc.)
- Familiarity with Maya / Max / Modo / XSI or equivalent
- Console development experience
- Experience over at least one full, cradle-to-grave product cycle
- Experience on Single-Player titles preferred
We take our commitment to our people seriously, and we make sure that our benefits directly reflect that commitment; we’re always looking to improve quality of life for our people in any way we can.
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Life and Disability Insurance
- 401K Program with company match
- Unlimited Vacation Time
- 9 Sick Days / 9 Holidays