The Kirlin Group is one of the nation's leading privately held construction companies. Originally founded in 1960, The Kirlin Group began as a single trade contractor specializing in plumbing, heating, ventilation and air conditioning. Today, in addition to its core specialty trade, The Kirlin Group provides its clients with a full spectrum of construction services including design/build, construction management and fire protection services, both inside and outside the United States.
The Kirlin Group, LLC with corporate offices in Rockville, MD, has an immediate need for a Safety Director to join our Kirlin Florida safety team in managing health and safety at projects and facilities. We are looking for a self-motivated, team player, who can work with our on-site project staff and subcontractors to not only maintain our excellent safety record and program but to elevate it to new heights working with the corporate team.
- Construction safety background is required; large/specialty or mechanical contracting knowledge is a plus.
- Working knowledge of all applicable regulations including OSHA, EM 385, USACE and EPA, etc.
- Experience in development of safety plans, AHA's and other documentation.
- CHST, OSHA 500 required; ability to coordinate, document and organize training.
- Experience and comfort in working paperless and with different software programs.
- Experience and ability to coordinate and document inspection schedules, reports and follow up.
- Team player with strong communication skills and the ability to interact with peers, subcontractors and management.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to plan and work independently.
- Ability to multitask and work remotely at job sites while visiting multiple projects.
- Four Year degree preferable in safety or construction
- CHST, CSP, or other appropriate designation is required
- 10 - 15 years of experience in safety management
- Active clearance is a plus. Ability to pass security screenings to obtain project entry passes
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Disability and Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Education Tuition Assistance
An Equal Opportunity Employer: EEO/Drug Free/M/F/Disability/Veterans