This is a full-time position on a construction jobsite and in an office environment. The Project Engineer is responsible for planning, managing and administering construction project(s) to ensure cost, schedule and quality standards are met. The qualified candidate must be detail-oriented, knowledgeable of different building systems, and be able to, among other duties assigned from time to time:
- Responsible for planning, managing and administering construction project(s) to ensure cost, schedule and quality standards are met.
- Read and interpret project plans and specifications to develop a detailed, technical understanding of construction requirements
- Procure materials and services on time and in accordance with contract documents
- Detail-oriented, knowledgeable of different building systems
- Independently manage multiple scopes of work, both subcontracted and self-performed
- Coordinate, manage, track, and update information, submittals, shop drawings, as-built drawings, requests for information, pay requests, and correspondence
- Understand and update project schedule to ensure timely completion of project
- Assist in subcontractor management and facilitating schedule coordination among trades
- Verify that work conforms to project documents, specifications, and approved submittals
- Lead assigned elements of project closeout, including punch list, operation & maintenance manuals, warranty review and procurement, and required owner training
- Perform take-off and estimating functions, and obtain competitive pricing as part of bidding process
- Lead regularly scheduled jobsite meetings including owner meetings and coordination meetings
- Participate in and promote jobsite safety
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated interpersonal skills with a variety of individuals and groups, clients, subcontractors, individual employees, jobsite teams, and company executives. The qualified candidate will also have strong relationship building skills, effective communication, and the ability organize and evaluate information and proactively find solutions and lead others.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or construction management
- Minimum 5 years of construction management and or engineering experience preferred
- Experience with Primavera P6 scheduling software preferred
- Experience with Spectrum® and Procore® Construction Software preferred
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Pass a Pre-Employment Drug Test
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and use a computer. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The Employee may lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The culture of Garco is second to none, and our employees are the heartbeat of our organization. To have the best employees in the industry, we offer some of the best benefits. Below are some of the benefits we offer when you join the team at Garco: