Scope: The role of the Service DAssistant is a partner in providing responsive solutions to the Service Team members that will enhance the overall function of the Department. The responsibilities include varying levels of administrative support, department specific communication, support of service processes, projects and software. Will assist with service coordination as needed. The role will require professional interaction with our service team, customers and vendors. Requires high level of attention to details, tracking and follow through. Must be able to work effectively as an independent contributor, as well as support the initiatives of the department and the Jamar Company. This role includes technical technology trouble-shooting, as well as providing training and support.
- Provide administrative support to Project Managers and Department Manager
- Keep abreast of, and communicate to the team on applicable updates and changes as it relates to technical workings of Astea software and add-ons.
- Set up new Preventive Maintenance (PM) contract jobs.
- Become a power user and well versed in all aspects of ASTEA and supporting the following areas of service, and ability to relay information to field personnel:
- Technician/field functionality
- Preventive Maintenance
- Field quotes
- Quote PM and Field deficiencies (HVAC-R and Plumbing) on daily basis.
- Work with Service Coordinator Service Coordinator on Field Quote service orders for proper allocation to techs. Track win/loss of Field Quotes.
- Coordinate PM contract renewals.
- Support the service departments initiatives and programs designed to enhance the overall good of the company, including Standard Operating Processes (SOP’s) to ensure they are followed in all work performed.
- Conduct customer service surveys to ensure quality of field work performed.
- Provide back-up for Service Coordinator as required.
Education and Experience:
- One year experience in a complex business office and ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Previous experience in Maintenance, Service or Construction is preferred.
- Mechanical aptitude and knowledge of HVAC, plumbing or related knowledge is a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to navigate department/company specific systems, including Astea and WebApps
- Working knowledge of iPhone and iPad capabilities
- Effective communication skills – oral, written, and presentation.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Willingness to keep current with continuing education as necessary.
- Ability to develop and maintain a team environment.
- Attend and participate in team/department communication meetings
- Actively participate in programs and initiatives designed to enhance the overall good of the company, including sister company support as needed
- Customer service oriented
- Highly motivated, initiative and self-discipline
- Strong work ethic, time management and organizational skill
- Detail Oriented and collaborative
Physical Demands / Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Walking includes moving within the office settings.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds..
- The environmental conditions for this position include climate controlled indoor activity.
- If visiting work sites, must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in plant environment. PPE required when in the plant, yard or construction areas include:
- Hard Hat
- Safety Glasses / Goggles
- Steel-toed Boots
- Reflective Vest
- Hearing Protection (designated areas)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Your direct report may assign other duties as required.