PROVIDING RIGHT SOLUTIONS FOR ALL FIRE PROTECTION NEEDS SINCE 1990.
International Fire Protection (IFP) is an Alabama-based fire suppression company. We have charted our history and legacy in building a safer environment for our customers and communities. Therefore, LIFE SAFETY IS OUR BUSINESS, as such, we promise to provide the best life safety service to our customers through quality, integrity, honesty, and customer satisfaction.
What we offer
- BCBS (health, dental, vision)
- Flex Spending Accounts (health and dependent)
- ESOP - Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- PTO - Paid Time Off
- EAP - Employee Assistance Program
- Supplemental Insurance (life, disability, accidental, critical)
District Manager - Mobile, AL
Energetic and motivated person who likes working with others and being part of a team. Has an excellent work ethic and strives for top performance. Candidate must possess excellent communication skills with a professional attitude and appearance. Will carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company's policies and applicable laws. Direct supervision of fire sprinkler departments including inspection, and also fire alarm departments. Promote company vision and values while utilizing the company operating code. Hire, train and retain talent while instilling a positive attitude that promotes performance ownership. Set direction, align resources, motivate and inspire staff to perform to the best of their ability.
- Demonstrate, facilitate and propagate LEADERSHIP. Lead by example.
- SELL WORK - This is not a sit in the office with your feet on the desk position. You are expected to grow your business, visit customers, and actively perform quality control outside the office (as well as in).
- Build new customer relationships while nurturing existing customers
- Oversee daily operations including flow of information/paperwork from starting a project to collecting payment
- Review all contracts for scope, terms and requirements
- Delegate work load as needed and correspond with superintendents regarding field labor and job progress
- Develop quarterly budgets and adhere to them
- Manage and oversee billing, collection and reporting
- Work with salesman on project management including changes in scope of work and reporting contract cost estimates
- Work with office manager in aiding with the collection of invoices, making sure they are current
- Work with inspectors to monitor deficiency proposals and ensure timeliness of quotes for repairs
- Effectively manage overhead and indirect costs for each division, constantly looking to cut unnecessary costs
- Create an environment of high professionalism, integrity, honesty, quality and success
- Effectively and strategically lead and motivate both field and office employees
- Maintain an orderly departmental environment, including making sure team members are maintaining departmental records in accordance with the divisional directives.
- Responsible for hiring, layoff, direction, work assignments, performance evaluations and discipline of team members, and various other supervisory duties appropriate to a District Manager
- Strong knowledge of the Fire Protection Industry (8+ years) serving previously in multiple roles as a fire sprinkler fitter/service technician, inspector, management and/or a sales role. Ideal candidate needs to be cross trained on both fire alarm and fire sprinkler systems, with additional working knowledge of fire extinguishers, kitchen hoods, and clean agent suppression systems.
- Previous sales, organizational skills, management, and industry experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Management, Organization, or similar field strongly preferred.
- NICET II or III certification is preferred
- Ability to read and understand construction documents including bid forms, plans, specification, contracts, purchase orders and agreements
- Proven analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Customer focused interpersonal skills and proven ability to build long-term customer relationships
- Must live in, or be willing to relocate to area where position is available