W&M Fire Protection is heavily committed to providing world class Inspection, Testing and Maintenance Services. We want our customers to know that when we install, inspect or service a system, they can be assured that it will work if and when it is ever needed. We are in the business of providing our customers peace of mind.
What we offer
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending
- Health Savings
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life and Disability Insurance Options
SR. PROJECT MANAGER:
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for executing awarded contracted projects to a successful profitable completion. Main customer service representative for contracted work. Coordinate all work with general contractors along with internal staff to a profitable completion. Evaluate and supervise other Project Managers and keep them on task with their previously developed goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for and manage large scale projects
- Monitor job progress with respect to safety
- Monitor job progress with respect to billing, collections and preparing Work in Progress reports
- Work with other project managers to develop growth and further understanding of all project management responsibilities
- Review and understand NFPA and how it applies to project scope and contract requirements
- Be able to deliver project completion within 5% of the estimated gross margins, labor, material, equipment, and subcontractor costs
- Design, calculate, supervise special hazards work for multiple offices
- Communicate with the service and inspections department upon finishing a project to help secure future service and inspection contracts with the end use
- Conduct pre, during, and post project reviews to identify project changes early enough to ensure a successful project
- Maintain proper change order logs and tracking tools to ensure compensation for work above and beyond the contract scope
- Supervises the field personnel working on their assigned jobs and Project Managers within the department
- Good oral, written and telephone communication skills
- Good customer service skills
- Moderate to advanced computer skills
- Time management, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to read and analyze building construction documents
- Good mathematical skills with the ability to read, understand and create financial reports
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s degree preferred or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training.
- Knowledge of CAD design
- Previous experience in the Project Management field, preferably in the Fire Protection industry, or equivalent combination of experience and schooling
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Valid State Driver License
- NICET Certifications preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Office environment – moderate noise
- Construction job sites – moderate to heavy noise, uneven ground, subject to all types of weather, may be subject to heights
- Ability to maneuver in restricted, poorly lit spaces
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds at a time
LIMITATIONS and DISCLAIMER:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.