BLT (www.bltoffice.com) is a vertically-integrated developer and operator of both multifamily and commercial properties. In the last 10 years, BLT has constructed over 4,700 apartment units including 10 buildings (3,000 units) at Harbor Point in Stamford (www.harborpt.com) where they are the master developer, 1,100 units at the Beacon in Jersey City (www.thebeaconjc.com/), 470 units in Danbury (www.abbeywoodsct.com/) and 132 units in Norwalk (www.oneglover.com). BLT currently has more than 900 units under construction in Stamford and Norwalk with a robust pipeline of future projects. In addition to their multifamily properties, BLT is the largest commercial landlord in Stamford and Norwalk, CT and has invested in, developed, owned and managed more than 25 million square feet of commercial, hotel and residential properties across 26 states. BLT is also the largest franchisee of Sotheby’s residential real estate brokerage, with 28 offices and 1,000 real estate agents.
Manages and coordinates the team members, daily activities, and resources of the property to achieve
established budgeted financial and operational goals, and ensures that the operation of the property
complies with Company policies and procedures, Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair
Credit Reporting Act, and other laws and regulations governing multi-family housing operations.
- Provides input into the development of budget(s) for the property by analyzing and evaluating
financial statements, reviewing current and projected marketing information, and accessing
operational reports that establish historic and predict performance patterns.
- Meets targeted revenues by setting rent rates, ensuring rent and fees are collected and posted in a
timely manner, making financial bank deposits, and preparing and reviewing monthly financial status
- Approves and submits invoices from vendors, contractors, and service providers for payment by
reconciling work performed or products purchased, ensuring validity of certificates of insurance,
coding charges to appropriate Chart of Account codes, and managing communication between the
vendor/contractor, accounting, and the client/owner as needed.
- Oversees the lease enforcement process by making periodic apartment inspections, following proper
notice requirements, evicting residents, and imposing and collecting late fees and other charges as
allowable and stated in the terms of the lease.
- Gathers, analyzes, and interprets current market and economic trends that may impact the property
and implements short-and long-range marketing and leasing strategies to achieve the property’s
occupancy and revenue goals.
- Promotes resident satisfaction and retention by responding to complaints, questions, and requests in
a timely manner, and taking appropriate action to resolve and address service issues. Ensures the
property’s maintenance team members comply with the Company’s standards with respect to
responding and completing resident service requests.
- Conducts regular property inspections and takes appropriate actions to ensure that the physical
aspects of the property, grounds, buildings, and amenities meet established standards for safety,
cleanliness, and general appearance and appeal.
- Supervises property staff by interviewing, hiring, orienting, and training employees, and manages
their performance in accordance with Company policies, values, and business practices.
- Assists in managing the client/owner relationship by meeting with the owners, conducting property
tours, providing updates and information about the property’s performance, and responding to owner
requests as needed.
- Completes various accounting, financial, administrative, and other reports and performs other duties
as assigned or as necessary.
- Follows established policies and procedures by monitoring and ensuring compliance with regulatory
requirements, organizational standards, and operational processes related to property operations,
and reporting violations or infractions to appropriate individual(s).
- Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with Company, property, and departmental policies,
procedures, and standards by immediately reporting any mechanical or electrical equipment
malfunctions, employee/visitor/resident injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to appropriate
- Identifies areas for improvement and offers suggestions to improve the efficiency, productivity, and
profitability of the property.
- Keeps abreast of new trends and changes in the industry and area(s) of responsibility by attending
internal and external training classes, apartment association meetings, and other events, and
accessing other information sources.