Western States Fire Protection (WSFP) and its subsidiaries are more than a company. We are a family of unique individuals committed to our purpose, our values, and each other. And we believe in making our own luck, creating our own opportunities. WSFP accomplishes this by constantly innovating, finding ways to create new value and seizing new opportunities.
Protecting lives and property since 1985, WSFP and its subsidiaries specializes in Life Safety Systems. Our values are simple: integrity, quality, safety, professionalism, commitment.
What we offer:
- Health, Life, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending (FSA) (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
Human Resources Assistant
The Human Resources Assistant for Western States Fire Protection works under the general supervision and guidance of the Director of Human Resources. The HR Assistant is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the department, which includes administrative support, assuring compliance of the policies and providing direction to managers on the programs and policies of the Company, while always providing a high level of customer service to all employees.
- Provide support to the Director of Human Resources, Executive Team, Accounting and Payroll department as needed
- Accountable for staying current with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) regulations and initiating the changes needed at the branch offices as well as for completing the yearly government required documents and poster changes
- Post all open positions for the Company with all OFCCP mandated agencies, as well as for distributing resumes to corresponding hiring manager based on position requirements
- Responsible for responding to and tracking all Company unemployment claims and employment verification's
- Provide benefit administration support with enrollments, separations and open enrollment
- Update and Maintain employee files
- Conduct exit interviews
- Perform other HR-related duties and assist with special projects as assigned
- Two years of Human Resources experience is required
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Human Resources, or another related discipline is preferred
- A good understanding of HR processes and legal requirements
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Detail-oriented and able to handle a high volume of work in a fast-paced environment
- Possess effective communication skills with the ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner
- Willing to multi-task and set priorities
- Able to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Willing to pass a post-offer drug test, reference and background check
All qualified applicants with Western States Fire Protection Company will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor