AM General LLC, headquartered in South Bend, Ind., with major facilities in nearby Mishawaka, Ind., Auburn Hills, Mich., Franklin, Ohio, and offices in Arlington, Va., designs, engineers, manufactures, supplies and supports specialized vehicles for military and commercial customers worldwide.
Through its Military business, the company is recognized as a world leader in the design, engineering, manufacturing and support of Light Tactical Vehicles, having produced and sustained more than 300,000 vehicles in over 60 countries.
AM General’s growing Commercial business includes two wholly owned subsidiaries: diesel engine manufacturer Powertrain Assembly Plant and automatic transmission manufacturer General Transmission Products. AM General has more than six decades of experience meeting the changing needs of the defense and automotive industries, supported by its employees in Indiana, Michigan, and Ohio, and a strong supplier base that stretches across 43 states.
Under the direction of the Director ITC, the International Trade Compliance Analyst will assist with developing and maintaining an ITC program. The Analyst will perform on-site training and assessments to ensure full compliance with all export control laws, regulations, and policies; maintain export/import records; assist in the preparation, submittal, and administration of export licenses and/or agreements and miscellaneous correspondence; screen all parties to export transactions against the Denied Parties List; and perform other assignments as required.
- Assist the International Trade Compliance Department in providing advice and guidance to AMG personnel concerning export and import regulations.
- Act as a liaison between AMG personnel with the International Trade Compliance Department on all licensing and compliance issues.
- Support international shipment of data and hardware with the department traffic/shipping organization.
- Coordinate exports/imports of hardware with foreign parties to ensure proper U.S. Customs paperwork is included and the shipment is authorized under the proper EAR/ITAR license, agreement, exemption, and/or exception and provide guidance to ensure shipments are compliant with regulations.
- Assist in the preparation, submittal, and administration of all export licenses and/or agreements and miscellaneous correspondence with supporting documentation to the Department of State and Department of Commerce.
- Assist in the drafting and submitting for approval of a Technology Control Plan (TCP), and work instructions, processes, and procedures when required.
- Screen foreign visitors and parties to export transactions against the Denied Parties List.
- Through the Director, notify the Law and Security Departments when any violation, fine, penalty, seizure, and/or other disciplinary action is, or has the potential to be, imposed upon AM General by a government regarding AM General’s non-compliance with export requirements.
- Regularly check the status of licenses in-process and pending at the Departments of Commerce and State. Maintain license/TAA files and a database of current and expired license files, and issue reports on pending and approved licenses and approvals (such as EAR Exceptions and ITAR Exemptions).
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Familiarity with SAP and the Global Trade Services (GTS) module is a plus.
- Prior experience in the crafting of work instructions and procedures is a plus.
- NAFTA experience is a plus.
- Prior export license (ITAR/Commerce) development and TAA creation is a plus.
- Must have experience in export classifications, and HTS/Schedule B.
- Must possess 2- 5 years prior experience with the EAR and ITAR.
- Must possess an understanding of D-Trade and SNAP-R.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present them in a technical environment.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to interface with personnel at all levels of the organization.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work efficiently and independently in a dynamic work environment.
- Must have experience with the entire MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint).
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field required.
- Must be a U.S. citizen eligible to obtain a U.S. government clearance.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and or move objects up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- This position requires one to work both alone and as a team in an inside work area while maintaining a regular work schedule.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routine uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and copy, fax and scanning machines.