Western States Fire Protection (WSFP) and its subsidiaries are more than a company. We are a family of unique individuals committed to our purpose, our values, and each other. And we believe in making our own luck, creating our own opportunities. WSFP accomplishes this by constantly innovating, finding ways to create new value and seizing new opportunities.
Protecting lives and property since 1985, WSFP and its subsidiaries specializes in Life Safety Systems. Our values are simple: integrity, quality, safety, professionalism, commitment.
What we offer:
- Health, Life, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending (FSA) (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
This individual obtains requirements by verifying, preparing, and forwarding purchase orders; verifies receipt of items and authorizes payment.
- Locates and purchases material for inventory and projects for multiple branches
- Verifies purchase requisitions by comparing items requested to master list; clarifying unclear items; recommending alternatives
- Keeps office current on local pricing and new products
- Searches for competitive pricing and options
- Coordinate vendor returns
- Create purchase orders associated with the purchasing program
- Retains information accessible by sorting and filing documents
- Schedules will call and deliveries
- Background in Purchasing or a similar field is preferred
- Knowledge of fire protection product lines (Threaded, Grooved, FDC etc…) is preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent is required while some college experience is preferred
- General accounting experience is a plus
- Spanish speaking is a plus
- Willing to work in in a fast paced environment
- Possess multi-tasking abilities
- Basic Microsoft Office Suite products knowledge (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Willing to pass a post-offer drug test, background and reference check
All qualified applicants with Western States Fire Protection Company will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor