BLT (www.bltoffice.com) is a vertically-integrated developer and operator of both multifamily and commercial properties. In the last 10 years, BLT has constructed over 4,700 apartment units including 10 buildings (3,000 units) at Harbor Point in Stamford (www.harborpt.com) where they are the master developer, 1,100 units at the Beacon in Jersey City (www.thebeaconjc.com/), 470 units in Danbury (www.abbeywoodsct.com/) and 132 units in Norwalk (www.oneglover.com). BLT currently has more than 900 units under construction in Stamford and Norwalk with a robust pipeline of future projects. In addition to their multifamily properties, BLT is the largest commercial landlord in Stamford and Norwalk, CT and has invested in, developed, owned and managed more than 25 million square feet of commercial, hotel and residential properties across 26 states. BLT is also the largest franchisee of Sotheby’s residential real estate brokerage, with 28 offices and 1,000 real estate agents.
Building and Land Technology (BLT) seeks a construction laborer.
Responsible for cleaning and preparing construction sites for the erection of structures and buildings. Unloads and loads materials, reads plans and specifications, tends machines, mixes concrete, pours concrete, and assists carpenters, operating engineers, and other construction site workers.
- Assist in building structures for residential, business, and construction sites.
- Participate in demolitions.
- Work underground in tunnels and sewer systems.
- Remove trees and debris.
- Service machines, including pumps, compressors, generators, tractors, and trailers.
- Mix concrete.
- Pump concrete, grout, cement, sand, or plaster.
- Use spray guns for application of material to ceilings or walls.
- Assist construction managers.
- Read blueprints and designs.
- Install traffic control devices.
- Clear and prepare highway work zones.
- Dig trenches.
- Install sewer, water, and storm drainpipes.
- Pour concrete and asphalt onto roads.
- Operate laser guidance equipment to place pipes.
- Operate air, electric, and pneumatic drills.
- Transport and set off explosives to tunnel into earth or roads.
- Remove hazardous materials.
- Operate pavement breakers; jackhammers; earth tampers; concrete, mortar, and plaster mixers.
- Control robotic pipe cutters and cleaners.
- Survey and measure equipment.
- Can lift 40 lbs.
Compensation:$12-$13 per hour, depending on experience.