Become Part of Our Team
As an industry leader Balfour Beatty offers employees a comprehensive benefits package with competitive salaries and more. This includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical Reimbursement)
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Paid Personal Days
- Paid Volunteer time
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Referral Bonus
Howard S Wright (HSW), Balfour Beatty Company is seeking an experienced Superintendent for our Mission Critical team in Boardman/Umatilla, Oregon. If you have a passion for what you do, a strong drive to achieve results, the ability to solve problems creatively, and a dedication to client service and relationship management, come join us.
This position will work on projects over $30 million and require strong MEP experience. The Superintendent is responsible for all field operations, including the coordination of subcontractors’ work. Responsible for all field activities associated with the project, including ultimate responsibility for implementation of Safety/Zero Harm program for the job site, supervision of all field construction work by subcontractors and self-performed work. Shares responsibility with the project manager for developing the project budget, actively participating in the preconstruction phase, and ensuring that the project is built on time, within budget, and according to company policies and procedures. Manages and mentors assistant superintendents and other field personnel.
- Project Financial Responsibilities
- Preconstruction Services
- Project Scheduling
- Project Administration, Operations, and Close-out
- Promote Customer Relations
- Promote Culture, Leadership and Employee Development
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ten years or more of construction experience.
- Five years or more of mechanical or electrical experience.
- Five years or more of direct supervisory experience.
- Proficiency using a personal computer (PC) and company communication tools, such as email, the internet, and Microsoft products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office, Outlook).
- Ability to read plans and specs.
- Scheduling experience sequence using software application.
- Electrical or Mechanical backgrounds, very helpful.
- Local candidates highly encouraged to apply.
Balfour Beatty US is an industry-leading provider of general contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build services for public and private sector clients across the nation. Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, our teams build the unique structures and infrastructure that play an important role in how people live, work, learn and play in our communities. Our teammates have an instinctive passion for innovating that is fueled by a relentless curiosity, a drive to employ lean practices and processes and the determination to find a better way. Through Zero Harm®, we are challenging the construction industry’s assumptions about safety. We believe that no level of harm should come to anyone as a result of our business.
Consistently ranked among the nation’s largest building contractors, by Engineering News-Record, our US business is a subsidiary of London-based Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY).
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.