Business Development – Sales - Industrial Construction
Job Title: Business Development – Sales – Industrial Construction
Department: Baton Rouge, LA
Reports to: Director of Business Development
Classic Industrial Services (classicindustrial.com), headquartered in Baton Rouge, is a leader in effective industrial services in the United States. Established in 1988, we offer design, construction, installation, and maintenance services for a wide range of industrial applications throughout the lower 48 states. We specialize in thermal insulation services, scaffold erection and rental services, siding, refractory, and electric tracing systems.
We are currently in search of a Business Developer in the Gulf Coast Region. This position will be based in Baton Rouge, LA and will require travel up to 50%. This position will report into the Director of Business Development.
We provide a full array of benefits, including medical, dental, and life insurance, vacation, 401k with company match, and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, construction management or related area or equivalent.
- 3+ years of successful sales experience in the Industrial Construction market.
- Effective oral, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite).
- Creative talents and the ability to solve tough problems.
- In-depth knowledge of the industry and its current events.
- The ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines.
- Skill in prioritizing and successfully completing obligations.
- Must have strong attention to detail.
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
- Driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Ability to travel up to 50%.
- Identify new sales leads and provide appropriate follow-up.
- Promote the services and products of Classic Industrial Services.
- Research organizations to identify new leads and potential new markets, as well as research future planned projects.
- Research the needs of other companies and identify the decision makers.
- Contact potential clients to establish rapport and set up meetings.
- Plan and oversee new marketing initiatives.
- Attend conferences, meetings, and industry events.
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations and sales displays.
- Contact clients to inform them about new developments in the company’s products.
- Negotiate sales.
- Develop sales goals and ensure they are met.
Classic Industrial Services, Inc. is a subsidiary of APi Group, Inc. (www.apigroupinc.com), a multi-billion-dollar parent company for over 45 independently managed construction companies located in more than 200 locations worldwide.
This is a great opportunity to expand your sales career with a growing company. If you have the background and interest in this position, please click the link below and submit your resume and accompanying cover letter with salary requirements.
- Walk (move, traverse) Frequently
- Climb (stairs, ladders) or balance (ascend/descend, work atop, traverse) periodically
- Talk/hear (communicate, detect, converse with, discern, convey, express oneself, exchange information) Constantly
- See (detect, determine, perceive, identify, recognize, judge, observe, inspect, estimate, asses) Constantly
Hazards and Atmospheric Conditions:
While performing the responsibilities of this job, the work environment will periodically be at a construction-site. While at an active construction site the employee will be required to wear the appropriate personal protective clothing.
Job Type: Full-time
- Industrial Construction related: 3 years (Required)
- Successful Sales: 3 years (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
Disclaimer: This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; and nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description is subject to change at any time.
Classic is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing law.