Saunders Heath is offering an immediate opportunity for an experienced Preconstruction Manager with strong technical and leadership skills. An extremely competitive compensation package will be provided with this position, including excellent insurance and wages commensurate with experience.
Thanks to Saunders Heath’s success in this region and its recent purchase by Denver-based Saunders Construction, we’re growing quickly. If you believe you are a top-quality candidate for this position, we want to hear from you.
- Develop and maintain strong relations with owners, developers, owner representatives, designers, subcontractors and vendors
- Assist with the RFP and RFQ response processes
- Coordinate, supervise and review work of assigned department personnel to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Solicit pricing proposals from subcontractors and vendors
- Solicit conceptual proposals from subcontractors and vendors with minimal project information
- Prepare detailed estimates for negotiated and bid projects
- Prepare conceptual proposals with minimal project information
- Provide preconstruction services for design build/assist projects including: estimating of design milestones, value engineering, constructability, schedule review, managing design/build subcontractors, maintaining and identifying long lead items
- Prepare estimates for all stages of design from conceptual through final construction documents (design/build, guaranteed maximum price and hard bid diversity) with input, assistance and review from project management and field staff
- Responsible for project hand-off to project management, field staff and accounting
- Assist project managers with project buyout
- Mentor estimator on all aspects of the preconstruction process
- Assist with developing and maintaining estimating software
- Manage the input of all costs during the bid analysis process
- Organize team so each supporting individual involved knows responsibilities and deadlines
- Manage preconstruction support personnel (i.e. estimators) when assigned to your project
- Demonstrate strong presentation and sales skills while assisting and serving on RFP/interview teams
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications, & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in construction management, engineering or a combination of related field/work experience
- Must possess 5-10 years of extensive preconstruction/estimating and ability to estimate various types of projects/contracts
- Strong relationships with Northern Colorado subcontractors
- Extensive knowledge of commercial, medical, multi-family, design/build, and design/assist construction projects
- Ability to act as primary lead on projects with minimal oversight
- Strong written, verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Analytical skills and mathematical aptitude
- Ability to handle multiple projects at the same time
- Demonstrate ability for accuracy and thoroughness
- Strong leadership, organizational and time management skills
- Team oriented with ability to collaborate with other project team members
- Proficiency with On-Screen Takeoff and Sage Timberline Estimating
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Proficiency with Bluebeam
The following are some of the physical demands commonly associated with this position:
- Spends approximately 70% of the time sitting, and 30% of the time either standing or walking while on the job.
- Occasionally* lifts up to 15 lbs, when moving project binders, office supplies or files, and may stoop, kneel, crouch, and balance while performing these same functions.
- Occasionally required to climb, crawl, stoop and negotiate ladders, stairs or other routes at and within project sites in order to fulfill duties.
- Constantly uses verbal and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as E-Mail, telephone and radio.
- Constantly employs eye, hand and finger coordination enabling the use of office machinery such as computer keyboard.
- Constantly utilizes full scope of visual capacity to travel to project sites and observe/verify project progress in addition to operating automated office equipment.
Activity exists more than 2/3 of the time.
Activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time.
Activity exists less the 1/3 of the time.
What Benefits Can Saunders Heath Offer Me?
- Employer Paid Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Section 125 Plan
- 401k Plan / Safe Harbor plan
- Paid Time Off
- Bonus Program
- Employer Paid Term Life Insurance
- Employer Paid Short Term Disability
- Employer Paid Long Term Disability
Please Note: We communicate via e-mail. Please check your spam/junk settings to ensure you receive our communication.