OUR MISSION: is to be Employee Centric and Client Obsessed
Magellan Architects is expanding and looking for talented individuals to join our crew. Due to our growth we have positions available at all three locations: Redmond, WA, Fountain Valley, CA and Dallas, TX.
We would love to meet you if:
- you are passionate about resolving challenges on a variety of project types
- you love building relationships with clients and peers
- you would like to be more challenged in your career and develop a clear and transparent path for your future
- you want to be a part of an employee-centric firm where you can be heard and share your ideas
- you are seeking unrestricted opportunities for upward growth in your job
- you want a company that will support your growth as an individual and encourage you to learn new skills
- you want a career doing what you love with people who have your back
- you are looking for a culture that encourages your growth and development
Magellan is committed to bringing the best out of its talented employees and developing them to their fullest potential.
If you are someone who loves change, variety, and a challenge, we want to meet you!
The Architect must have the ability to manage a project from concept through completion. You will be required to maintain multiple clients and projects in a timely and efficient manner. This will require clear, effective communication and high-quality drawings. Problem-solving skills, attention to detail, open communication, and a strong drive to see results will ensure you retain highly satisfied clients. This is a great opportunity to join a growing, collaborative team while working on a variety of project types.
- Assists in developing the strategy for producing the design and construction documents and identifies the sheets planned for each stage of the work.
- Assists in planning, making adaptations and modifications to complete the working drawings.
- Responsible for communication verbally or in writing with other disciplines, vendors, and contractors to ensure incorporation of all information into project requirements and provides support as necessary.
- Ensures that construction detail documentation conforms to quality assurance, quality control and best practice standards.
- Works collaboratively with the Project Leadership Team (i.e. Project Designer, Project Manager, and Principal in Charge).
- Must have the ability to maintain existing client relationships and build new client relationships
- Contribute to office activities, initiatives, and learning programs
- Architecture License Required
- 5-10 years’ experience
- Well-rounded experience with all project phases,
- Experience with three of the following project types preferred: office tenant improvements, restaurant, schools, hospitality, residential, specialty retail, industrial, K-12 Schools, Higher Ed, Banks, self-storage, aviation, and multi-family
- Exceptional communication skills for working directly with clients, consultants, jurisdictions, and general contractors (must be proficient in English)
- The ability to work and thrive in team and independent working scenarios with demonstrable organizational and time management skills
- Exceptional knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit (BIM)
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Sketch-Up, InDesign and Microsoft Office/Windows
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture preferred
- LEED certification a plus
- Proven proficiency in IBC Codes/Zoning Requirements, Texas Accessibility Standards and TDLR requirements
- Experience in working with local and regional municipalities building departments
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
Time off benefits – 8 paid holidays plus paid vacation
- Last Minute Time Off Accommodation
- Flexible Schedules
Health – Health Benefits including medical, dental, vision and flexible spending accounts
Tuition Reimbursement – Professional Development Programs and Licensure Reimbursement
- Intern Development Program
- Including partial reimbursement for NCARB application and ARE exam fees
- Education Benefits
- Paid time off and reimbursement match for professional education activities
401(k) – 401K Plan with Safe Harbor Employer Contributions
Bonus Program – Including annual bonus and business development commission
- Annual Bonus Opportunity
- Business Development Commission
- Team Lead Commission
Training – Continuous learning opportunities
- Magellan University Training
- Monthly Lunch and Learn presentations
Office Events – Including company BBQ’s, birthday celebrations and holiday parties
- Monthly birthday lunches
- Spring Event
- Summer BBQ
- Holiday Party
- Team Building Activities
Additional Benefits – Making life easier for you
- Free Parking
- Senior Staff Cell Phone Allowance
- Association Travel & Dues
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Magellan Architects is a proud MBE/DBE firm that encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to join our team.
Submit resume and portfolio of work to firstname.lastname@example.org