Position Description: The Warehouse position is responsible for providing innovative customer solutions for internal and external customers. Position supports all functions of tools and equipment, including but not limited to: tool repair/upkeep ensuring safety first, tool check in/out, buildings and grounds, procurement as directed, shipping and receiving. This position has the potential to drive to customer sites to pick up and drop off tools and equipment.
Provide outstanding customer service in the following areas:
Tool & Equipment Fulfillment:
- Fill customer requests accurately and timely using lists as provided. Ensure all orders are accurate and complete.
- Delivery of tools and equipment to job sites in a timely manner as needed.
- Inspection and maintenance of incoming tools.
- Ability to assess the condition of tools for safe use or repair if needed. Communicate to appropriate staff regarding replacement needs.
- Assist Fleet Manager in issuance and return of fleet vehicles as necessary.
- Fill out PO’s (PO log) and other paperwork accurately according to department/company standards
- Ability to work longer hours and/or weekends as needed.
Buildings and Grounds Maintenance:
- Assist manager in ensuring the safety and security of the building and grounds at all times.
- Responsive to internal requests for building maintenance. Tasks may include light bulb replacement, seasonal upkeep of parking lots, walkways, and building entrances, garbage and recycling removal inside building; including any recycling or special receptacle needs.
Shipping and Receiving:
- Accept all incoming freight. Notify appropriate department personnel and store materials appropriately.
- Shipping to include packaging using best practices.
Education / Experience:
- Experience and knowledge of working in a tool/warehouse environment preferred.
- Mechanical aptitude, preferred
- Ability to regularly load and unload large tool crates with multiple sets of tools, heavy chains and field equipment
o Will be trained to identify tools by name, location and use
- Strong customer service skills
- Proficient with computers (email, keyboarding for data entry)
- Must be 21 years of age, have a clean driving record, and ability to pass the required DOT physical
- Ability to drive a Forklift and become certified. Company will provide certification training
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Forklift certification or ability to maintain within 30 days (provided by Jamar).
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Initiative and self-discipline
- Strong work ethic and Customer service oriented
- Ability to work independently and collaborative in a team setting
- Ability to schedule/coordinate projects to meet deadlines
Physical Demands / Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Walking includes moving within a project site, including uneven surface/ground.
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Requires climbing, lifting, reaching and grasping.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- The environmental conditions for this position include climate controlled indoor activity to inclement outdoor extremes of cold, heat, dust, wind and various forms of precipitation. Exposure to a variety of noise and equipment vibration.
- Position is often in a heavy manufacturing/industrial area and will require 95% of time on the shop floor.
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in warehouse and/or plant environment. PPE required when in the plant, yard or construction areas include:
- Hard Hat
- Safety Glasses / Goggles
- Steel-toed Boots
- Reflective Vest
- Hearing Protection (designated areas)
For more than 100 years, Jamar has built a reputation as a solid partner delivering solid solutions. And, we don't just hire anyone. We hire extraordinary people-the kind who:
- Share our values
- Never stop learning
- Care about the community
- Strive for continuous improvement
- Thrive in a team environment
What do we offer? (benefits)
- Medical, Dental, Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Employee Stock Option Program
- Paid Time Off