The primary purpose of this position is to provide high quality executive administrative support to the President of Jamar and the Chief Operating Officer (COO) of APi Group, while maintaining a high level of confidentiality and professionalism. Produce quality, timely, accurate and consistent work in assigned tasks with a positive demeanor.
- Minimum five years relevant experience providing personal and executive level support
- Outstanding verbal and written communications
- Proficient in all aspects of Microsoft Office, with ability to professionally draft correspondence, presentations, proof read, edit documents, and take lead with internal and external communications. May assist with marketing material.
- Skill in researching information and ability to manage projects as needed.
- Ability to anticipate future needs and prepare accordingly.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment.
- High degree of integrity and the ability to recognize the requirements of confidentiality.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships at all organizational levels.
- Outstanding organization, decision making, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle tight deadlines and last-minute requests.
- Provide excellent administrative support daily, including managing the calendar, answering calls, arranging travel and managing expense reports for the President and COO.
- Proactively draft and distribute correspondence, spreadsheets, presentations, letters, memos and manage special or confidential projects as requested.
- Acts as a confidante and confidential advisor to the President, and liaison between Executives, Department Managers, employees, customers, vendors and APi Group contacts.
- Handles legal correspondence as requested.
- Facilitate effective communications within the organization, and on behalf of leaders.
- Assist with leader schedules, industry events, special meetings, agendas, presentations, and travel, if needed, and works closely with Administrative Assistant for Operations.
- Coordinate marketing opportunities with Executives as needed.
- Maintain filing system – electronic and hard files as requested.
- Exhibit sound judgment and act appropriately and in the best interests of the company at all times, while promoting solid relationships with all internal and external staff
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read and understand technical documents, symbols, and industrial process and apply this knowledge to drawings.
- Ability to analyze and make decisions.
- Effective communication skills – oral, written, and presentation.
- Willingness to keep current with continuing education as necessary.
- Ability to develop and maintain a team environment.
- Attend and participate in team/department communication meetings
- Actively participate in programs and initiatives designed to enhance the overall good of the company, including sister company support as needed
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Initiative, self-starter and self-discipline.
- Strong work ethic and time management skills.
- Ability to collaborate and work in a team setting.
- Ability to schedule/coordinate multiple projects to meet expressed deadlines.
- Shows initiative and self-discipline, including supporting company decisions and influences staff morale in a positive manner.
- Performs work with a high degree of confidentiality
For more than 100 years, Jamar has built a reputation as a solid partner delivering solid solutions. And, we don't just hire anyone. We hire extraordinary people - the kind who:
- Share our values
- Never stop learning
- Care about the community
- Strive for continuous improvement
- Thrive in a team environment
What do we offer? (Benefits)
- Medical, Dental and Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- 401k with Match
- Employee Stock Option Program
- Paid Time Off