Come join the team and make a difference! Allentown, Inc. is the global leader in research housing solutions for the biomedical research industry. We offer exceptional career growth opportunities, excellent benefits and a corporate culture that values creativity and achievement. We challenge our talented professionals to pursue initiatives and share responsibility.
T.I.G. Welding of light gauge stainless steel .021 - .125 thickness
Applicants should have previous experience with the following basic applications:
- TIG welding methods & techniques
- Equipment set-up and operation
- Assembly and fabrication practices:
Read and interpret routine welding and fabrication drawings
Measurement reading (Tape)
TIG welding of light gauge stainless steel of .021 thickness to .125
layout of structural tubing* Knowledge sets include: Blueprint Reading, Grinders, Hand clamps, welding equipment, Protective gloves, Safety glasses, TIG,
(Tungsten inert gas) TIG welding equipment, Welding masks, Welding robots.
* Operate safety equipment and use safe work habits.
* Weld components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
* Clamp, hold, tack-weld, heat-bend, grind or bolt component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding.
* Detect faulty operation of equipment or defective materials and notify supervisors.
* Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments, using processes such as gas tungsten arc, shielded metal arc and resistance welding.
* Monitor the fitting, burning, and welding processes to avoid overheating of parts or warping, shrinking, distortion, or expansion of material.
* Recognize, set up, and operate hand and power tools common to the welding trade.
- Lay out, position, align, and secure parts and assemblies prior to assembly, using straightedges, combination squares, calipers, and rulers.
- Analyze engineering drawings, blueprints, specifications, sketches, work orders, and material safety data sheets to plan layout, assembly, and welding operations.
- Welded components in flat positions, vertical positions, horizontal positions, overhead positions.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
- Verizon Discounts