Bouten has always been ahead of its time, with a legacy of innovation going back more than 75 years. Today more than ever, we’re committed to finding a smarter way to do even better work every step of the way. Our team members are wired to raise the bar, to think big, to anticipate client needs—and to never stop learning. Does this sound like you? Find out more about the opportunities available as a member of the Bouten team.
The Chief Financial Officer will have responsibility for all accounting, finance, banking, insurance, risk management and treasury functions in addition to strategic financial long-term business planning for Bouten Construction Company.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential duties/responsibilities listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties/responsibilities of this job.
Financial Analysis & Monitoring
- Analyze financial results with respect to profits, trends, costs and compliance with general & administrative budgets.
- Monitor and report on financial performance by evaluating trends, establishing critical measurements, determining productivity and quality, and providing such information on a timely basis to resolve potential issues or make midstream operational changes.
- Preparation of financial statements and other related financial analyses and forecasts.
- Provide updates of financial forecasts measuring impact on both profitability and cash flow.
Operational Financial Guidance
- Verify owner funding sources to ensure adequate financing exists for new projects and collaborate with operations to mitigate financial risks.
- Provide financial perspective and insight of contract terms in owner agreements.
- Oversee and provide guidance with respect to owner audits, owner or subcontractor claims, or other project related financial issues.
- Collaborate with leadership on tax, license and compliance issues.
- Partner with the leadership on insurance and bonding issues.
- Oversee the financial results of the warehouse operations and its financial plan.
· Develop and direct the financial policies, procedures, staff, and other resources.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and that accounting is in accordance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Oversee the development of tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to senior management and stakeholders.
- Partner with leaders on their short and long term strategic goals and objectives and provide financial analysis for decision making.
- Align with, communicate and help drive the operational and financial goals.
Budgeting & Cash Management
- Lead yearly office overhead budget process and drive ownership and accountability of actual cost as compared to budget.
- Oversee cash flow planning and ensure availability of funds as needed by forecasting capital, facilities, and staff requirements, identifying monetary resources, and developing action plans.
- Manage the acquisition of capital assets and ensure that assets are properly recorded, amortized, and disposed of as appropriate.
Financial Leadership & Relationships
- Represent the Company externally to owners, trade partners, and financial institutions.
- Assist with financial leadership training.
- Manage project specific tax strategy in line with contract terms and state specific statutes.
- Manage consultation with legal counsel regarding corporate matters.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance.
- Minimum fifteen years's experience in finanance and accounting. Minimum five years' experience as a manager over finanace/accounting department.
- CPA required.
- Proficient in ERP systems and knowledge of financial reporting applications.
- Demonstrated leadership, communication, teamwork, and problem-solving skills.
- Detail-oriented and strong follow-up skills.
- Self-motivated and passionate about delivering exceptional client service.
- Timberline Project Management and Primavera scheduling experience.
- Desire to grow with our company and advance.
- Competitive salary
- 100% Company Paid Medical, Dental and Vision Premiums for Employee and Family
- 401k with company match $1 for $1 up to 6%
- Continuing Education and Training
Location: Spokane, WA. See www.Visitspokane.com