Union: Local 11
Summary/Purpose: The General Maintenance Tradesperson will perform all commercial building site maintenance tasks as required as well as annual site inspections at all customer facilities. Ensure strong communication internal and external to Department.
- Perform all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Comply with Company policy and standards.
- Facility maintenance.
- Perform all routine maintenance and inspections on all existing systems including:
- Filter changing
- Oiling and greasing
- Belt adjusting or replacement
- Cleaning of cooling towers, coils, evaporator and condensers
- Water treatment
- Systems operations under contract with customers.
- General housekeeping.
- Pick-up and delivery of parts or equipment
- Indoor air quality (IAQ) related work.
- Installation and replacement of all residential single unitary heating, air conditioning and plumbing systems.
- Drain and sewer cleaning.
- Interpret work orders, perform work requested with limited direction.
- Move furniture and equipment as assigned.
- Operate a variety of tools and machines incidental to operations.
- Requisition new supplies and equipment.
- Coordinate subcontractors as needed for facility maintenance requests and ensure all requirements are met.
- Ensure a strong information flow between off-site area and home office.
- Maintain a valid state driver’s license and ability to drive to various customer locations on a daily basis
- Must adhere to all safety and vehicle related policies at all times.
- Perform additional assignments and responsibilities as assumed or requested.
Education / Experience:
- Technical school facility maintenance certification or a minimum of three years hands on maintenance experience.
- In depth knowledge of various maintenance fundamentals
- Working knowledge of maintenance equipment and techniques, drawings and specifications, and required standards applicable to discipline.
- Interface and communicate effectively with customers and others.
- Ability to assume responsibility for maintenance work and adhere to department procedures, policies and guidelines.
- Valid State Driver’s license, and able to travel to customer locations
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- State of Minnesota Special Boiler License, or ability to obtain within 45 days.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently, work varying shifts, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Ability to travel as required
- Ability to work from drawings or verbal/written instructions.
- Ability to use a variety of hand and power tools or general maintenance equipment
- Ability to collaborate and work in a team setting
- Ability to schedule/coordinate projects to meet deadlines
- Customer service oriented
- Highly motivated, initiative and self-discipline
- Strong work ethic, time management and organizational skills
- Detail Oriented
- Collaborative, team oriented
Physical Demands / Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Walking includes moving within a project site, including uneven surface/ground.
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Requires climbing, lifting, reaching and grasping.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- The environmental conditions for this position include climate controlled indoor activity to inclement outdoor extremes of cold, heat, dust, wind and various forms of precipitation. Exposure to a variety of noise and equipment vibration.
- Position is often in a heavy manufacturing/industrial area and will require 95% of time on the shop floor.
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in warehouse and/or plant environment. PPE required when in the plant, yard or construction areas include:
- Hard Hat
- Safety Glasses / Goggles
- Steel-toed Boots
- Reflective Vest
- Hearing Protection (designated areas)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Project Manager may assign other duties as required