Western States Fire Protection (WSFP) and its subsidiaries are more than a company. We are a family of unique individuals committed to our purpose, our values, and each other. And we believe in making our own luck, creating our own opportunities. WSFP accomplishes this by constantly innovating, finding ways to create new value and seizing new opportunities.
Protecting lives and property since 1985, WSFP and its subsidiaries specializes in Life Safety Systems. Our values are simple: integrity, quality, safety, professionalism, commitment.
What we offer:
- Health, Life, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending (FSA) (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
The Payroll Coordinator will be part of our dynamic payroll team and ensure accurate processing and recording of the company’s payroll for 1,600+ employees including coordinating branch payroll activities at 35 branch office locations. This new role is driven by our growth and transition to a new ERP system in March 2019.
- Support team with weekly payroll processing including printing and distributing payroll checks
- Reconcile weekly time entry edits from our branch offices
- Employee maintenance such as entering in new hire information, separations, and changes
- Record benefit and standard deductions for all employees, including garnishments and union benefits
- Record vacation and sick leave to meet federal and local requirement and track vacation award programs
- Communicate with branches and external clients and provide timely responses to questions and inquiries
- Assist team leading the integration of a new ERP system, Microsoft Dynamics AX
- Assist team managing new processes including prevailing wage reporting process and employee validation
- Process accurate and timely financial reporting when necessary, including ad-hoc reports
- Comply with company audit procedures and internal controls
- Minimum of two years payroll experience
- Knowledge of payroll best practices and federal and state regulations
- Strong customer support skills as we treat our branches as our customers
- Detail-oriented and able to handle a high volume of work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Loki & Microsoft Dynamics AX is a plus
- Experience in a union construction environment a plus
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Must be able to pass a post-offer drug test, reference and background check
All qualified applicants with Western States Fire Protection Company will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor