United Infrastructure Group continues to be a leader in the transportation construction industry in the southeast with a 90+ year history of delivering successful projects by hiring exceptional employees to work in a professional family environment. UIG is committed to developing the best workforce possible by constantly recruiting, training, and promoting construction industry professionals throughout our organization.
Our comprehensive benefits package is custom-designed to achieve that goal through access to the following benefits:
- Highly Competitive Salaries
- Generous Performance Bonuses
- Robust Subsistence Allowances
- Comprehensive Health Plans with Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Strong 401k Savings and Profit Sharing Plan with 100% Matching Contributions
- Significant Paid Time Off
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Training, Education, Certification, and Qualification Assistance
- Benefits may vary based on position and length of employment.
Primary function of a Crane Operator:
Operate a crane. Relocate crane or materials on construction projects. Operate crane to set customer’s items per senior crane operator’s instructions. CCO Certification for Telescopic Boom Cranes – Fixed Cab (TSS) and Swing Cab (TLL), and Lattice Boom Crane (LBC) required. May use cranes in all applications.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Safety minded and adhere to all safety policies, in addition to passing a test in reference to safe operation in a trench.
- Knowledge of and ability to select cables, winches, blocks, wire ropes, pulleys, chains and grappling devices according to weight and size of load to be lifted.
- Inspect and adjust crane mechanisms or lifting accessories to prevent malfunction or damage.
- Inspect cables or grappling devices for wear and install or replace cables, as needed.
- Load or unload bundles from trucks or move containers.
- Attach load with grappling devices, such as loops, wires, ropes, and chains, to crane hook.
- Install attachments such as jib, lattice extensions, auxiliary heads, and pile hammers.
- Clean and inspect machinery or equipment to detect problems.
- Receive directions to engage in hoisting and moving loads to insure safety of workers and material handled, using hand signals, loud speakers, two-way radios, or telephone.
- Read and interpret lifting capacity charts, daily work or delivery schedules to determine orders, sequence of deliveries, or special loading instructions.
- Direct workers engaged in hoisting of machinery and equipment into or on to trucks, railroad cars or other moving devices.
- Must maintain a log book.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
- Must hold a valid TSS, TLL, and LBC CCO Certification.
- At least 3 years’ experience as a crane operator, preferred.
- Maintain DOT physical.
- Maintain working knowledge of load charts, hand signals, and state, and federal DOT laws.
- Must be able to work independently, prioritize daily work assignments, and communicate with all team members.
- Be able to coordinate the movements of hand and feet according to visual signals and directions.
- Have a complete knowledge of crane and rigging signals.
- Know the emergency response procedures for mobile crane operations.
- Must follow policies and procedures and support UIG's Mission.
REQUIREMENTS: ALL Applicants must be:
- 18 years of Age
- Able to pass a Drug Test
- Legally eligible to work in the US
- Additional Requirements for Craftworkers:
- Must have own transportation to and from jobsite every work day (driver's license not required).
- Must provide own hand tools (excluding power tools).
- May be expected to travel where the project requires (multi-state opportunities).