McGough is a respected partner that brings five generations of experience to high profile, unique and complex construction projects. We take great pride in our people and their extraordinary expertise in planning, development, construction and facility management. McGough employee tenure reflects the commitment and pride we share in our work. Ask anyone who knows us - the caliber of our people sets us apart.
The Vision Northland project is being led by our Healthcare practice out of the Twin Cities. This position will be part of this multi-year project.
VDC PROJECT LEAD
The Virtual Design & Construction (VDC) Project Lead is responsible for evaluating and employing the most effective application of VDC/BIM tools and processes that are available, in support of project teams during any/all phases of projects, starting as early as the marketing pursuit, all the way through project close-out as needed.
- Associate degree from accredited college or technical school with a focus on architecture, engineering, construction management or related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the commercial design and construction industry
- High level of competency using BIM software including Revit, Navisworks, AutoCAD and Sketchup
- Detail-oriented with the ability to efficiently manage multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision
- Very strong problem-solving, mathematical and written/verbal communication skills
- Very good understanding of current construction practices, methodologies and documentation
- Ability to actively listen, mentally visualize and then create detailed 2D and 3D deliverables for use by internal and external clients
- Must convey a high level of professionalism to all aspects of job
- Ability to take instruction and follow through with quality results
- Self-starter and capable of working independently and collaboratively within a team
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with focus a on construction management, construction science, building engineering or related field
- Minimum 2 years of VDC experience in commercial construction
- Experience and understanding detailing building enclosure continuity
- Experience with reality capture equipment and software, as well as, the processes to produce valuable deliverables to both internal and external clients
- Experience producing 4D phasing plans and animations using Synchro Pro or similar software
- Experience creating virtual mockups
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite software
- Desire to seek out and learn new processes and technology
Office and Travel:
This position offices out of Duluth on the Vision Northland Project Jobsite.
- Meet with project teams to determine VDC scope, approach and budget for each specific project or pursuit
- Work with Owners, Architects, Engineers and Subcontractors to develop and execute BIM Execution Plans for new projects
- Create 2D/3D/4D/5D deliverables using Revit, Navisworks, Sketchup, Bluebeam, and Synchro Pro as determined by project leadership/team
- Develop models for Site Logistics, 4D phase planning, virtual mock-ups and MEP coordination
- Manage and facilitate design coordination and clash detection with design disciplines, subcontractors and fabricators
- Assist project teams by utilizing BIM for visualization, constructability and coordination
- Serve as a primary point of contact for the management and implementation of 3D technology use on assigned projects
- Lead the development and assembly of 3D/4D/5D models that will; enhance overall project coordination; help to streamline field activities; and to forecast potential future delays based on project history and tracking tools
- Maintain a high level of competency of software through continued use, training and testing
- Train other project team members in the access, use and management of electronic construction information
- Work collaboratively with all project team members
The physical requirements listed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position involves sitting for extended periods of time at employee’s work station and during meetings as well as while traveling, either by plane or car. Employee needs to be able to lift up to 20 pounds as frequently as needed to move objects; dexterity to write and manipulate computer keyboard and mouse; ability to hear and speak clearly; and ability to distinguish between colors on graphs and charts.
Occasionally, employee will be required to visit construction jobsites which may expose the employee to dirt, dust, uneven surfaces, outdoor weather conditions and extreme temperatures.