Residential Technicians (Monitors)
Carroll Institute in Sioux Falls, SD has been one of the state’s most effective substance abuse prevention and treatment facilities. We have reached thousands in local and regional schools with an individually focused prevention message and have helped additional thousands overcome and begin the healing process from the devastation of chemical addiction.
Excellent career opportunity for a Residential Technician (Monitor) to join our team at Carroll Institute for The Arch Halfway House in Sioux Falls.
What you will do!
As a Residential Technician you will uphold our vision to be the provider of choice for a continuum of care that includes prevention, early intervention, treatment, and continuing care for individuals at risk for, or experiencing, chemical addiction. Uphold the vision of the Division of Community Behavioral Health which is to create a system of care that is welcoming, accessible, recovery oriented, integrated and culturally competent.
* Responsible for maintaining certification in Emergency First Aid and CPR. Be completely familiar with policies, procedures, fire regulations, health and safety regulations, and employee policies.
* Understand and maintain confidentiality under HIPAA. Provide orientation to The Arch policies and procedures for new residents.
* Supervise the residents’ self-administration of any medications prescribed by a physician, noting in the residents’ case record the name of the medication, time, and amount taken.
* Responsible for assigned clerical duties (e.g. typing, filing, etc.) as directed by supervisor.
* Keep the Arch clean and orderly by supervising and working with the residents to complete their assigned cleaning, laundry & kitchen duties.
* Post weekly work duties and sign off on the detail list when the resident has satisfactorily completed the assigned duties.
* Complete incident reports, stating facts of the incident and names of residents or staff involved whenever there is violation in policy/procedure. Locking doors at : 11:00pm Sunday-Thursday & 12:00am Friday-Saturday
* Accounting for Arch residents & reporting anyone missing to the Director/on-call counselor
* Obtaining a urine specimen for the purposes of analysis from any Arch resident who returns to the house after curfew or appears under the influence of a mood altering chemical. Obtaining urine specimens from Arch residents on a random basis. Counseling staff will advise when and who. Maintain a varied schedule of bed checks.
* Responsible for maintaining liaison and working relationships with local referral sources and community agencies. Responsible for participation in staff meetings
What you will need!
High School Diploma or GED; excellent customer service to work with the public, clients and staff; Computer skills- Microsoft and ability to learn softwareused at The Arch Halfway House. Dependability; accuracy in documenting files; self-motivated to succeed as a Residential Technician.
- Shifts available: evenings and overnights for full-time position; weekends are part of scheduled shifts.
What you will get!
Join our engaging, fun environment where we serve our clients and work as a team. Excellent compensation starting at $12/hr (more with experience) + full benefits!!
EOE, Drug Free Workplace