Ellis Fire Suppression, Inc. was established in 2005 and is based in Billerica, MA. We are a full-service contractor for the New England area, specializing in both water-based and chemical suppression systems, as well as fire alarms and extinguishers. Ellis has an on-site fabrication shop and 24-hour emergency response team. Our dedicated team is committed to providing excellence in fire protection.
What we offer
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending
- Health Savings
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life and Disability Insurance Options
The SHAD sales person is responsible for the promotion, sale and installation and inspection of Special Hazards, Alarm and Detection fire protection products, and Fire Sprinkler Service Inspections.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluate current regional marketplace and competitors, and develop sales strategies, appropriate margins and overall sales goals.
- Maintain relationships with vendors, stay abreast of new products, technical data, and market trends.
- Prepare cost estimates and bid proposals based on evaluation of construction documents such as drawings, specifications and sub-contract agreements.
- Contact existing and potential customers to determine fire protection and security needs and evaluate installation options.
- Build relationships with customers to capture a full range of fire protection services including fire alarm and suppression installations, CCTV and access control, sprinkler installations, as well as repair and inspection of existing systems.
- Read, interpret and apply technical design requirements of fire protection codes, manufacturer’s technical data, building codes, insurer criteria, and other applicable documents.
- Perform preliminary survey of existing buildings to determine costs associated with the economical installation of fire protection systems.
- Coordinate sales to design and project management turnover.
- Develop a sales budget utilizing SMART GOALS with department manager.
- Make routine site visits during the installation phase to evaluate overall project performance and uncover opportunities for change orders.
- Contact customers and potential customers to determine inspection needs and evaluate inspection options. Including, but not limited to cold calls & door to door contact, internal inspections, renewals, inspections after installation, and cross over sales.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- May supervise field technicians
- Ability to deal effectively and tactfully with a wide variety of individuals in person, via telephone and in writing.
- Requires effective oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, organizational and time management skills.
- Requires accuracy and attention to detail.
- Requires the ability to learn about current and future products to be sold by the Company.
- Good oral, written and telephone skills
- Good customer service skills
- Technical communication skills
- Moderate to advanced computer skills (Microsoft products, AS400 system, Adobe)
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma / GED
- Associate’s Degree Preferred
- Minimum of 10 years related trade experience or combination of experience, degree, etc.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Valid State Driver’s License
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Office environment with moderate noise level
- Does require the ability to drive to customer locations
- Will require working in the field at job sites from time to time with exposure to dust, fumes, and higher levels of noise
- Will require opening of heavy file cabinets with bending, stooping or kneeling to file
- May require light lifting of storage boxes, packages to be mailed, etc.
- May require consistent time spent on the computer and phone throughout the day
LIMITATIONS and DISCLAIMER:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.