Pay depends on your level of experience and education
Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, 401K, Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
Ensure that the safety and wellbeing of our employees is the number one priority for Security Fire Protection. The individual in this position is responsible for the direction, coordination and supervision of our safety culture. A large amount of latitude is attached to this position and purposeful creativity is expected.
About Security Fire:
As a life safety contractor, we at Security Fire Protection have a reputation for protecting people’s life’s and property. Throughout our 50 years we have built our reputation through new challenging installs (Link for most recent) and the diligent inspection & maintance of our communities existing building. All this has been done in thanks to our 100+ employees between our offices in Memphis (Headquarters), Nashville, and Knoxville (Morristown Automatic Sprinkler). To learn more about Security Fire please click here.
- Safety or risk control related degree required
- Exceptional planning, time-management and follow-through.
- Strong relationship building skills, both internal and external.
- Good verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to work with a variety of technology – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook required.
- Ability to review, analyze and discuss safety/risk information and/or data.
- Ability to work effectively with a team.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and complex situations.
- Ability to effectively communicate, present information and respond to managers, employees, customers, and clients in an intelligent, clear, concise, professional and articulate manner
- Comfortable presenting in front of groups
- Ability to travel periodically
- Assist in the reduction of incidents/accidents and provide the necessary leadership and professionalism that promotes a safe working environment for all employees.
- Serve as a technical resource for all safety and health issues unique to contracts available
- Explore, research, adapt new products, programs and/or technology that will further enhance the company’s safety performance.
- Regularly engage with field team members to assist and monitor loss prevention efforts.
- Develop field leadership through coaching, feedback and continued training activities to assist in building the skills necessary to execute loss prevention activities.
- Maintain regulatory compliance with all state and federal regulations.
- Perform frequent job site evaluations, determine employee exposure(s) and institute acceptable work practices.
- Assist in development & implementation of best practices and strategies for department and company
- Oversight in maintaining OSHA log of First Report of injury or illness
- Development of appropriate data bases to perform data analytics in support of operational improvement and zero incident initiatives
- Serve as the company’s Risk Manager handling workers compensation, general liability, and auto claims; incident investigation, claim reviews, and Return-to-Work Programs.
- Contract review and negotiation
- Create communications throughout the company to promote safe behaviors such as toolbox talks, newsletters, etc.
- Investigate losses when available and able.
- Monitor and measure loss performance from corporate level as well as project level.
- Participate in claim reviews with appropriate management personnel.
- Continuously search for trends in incidents reported and opportunities for prevention.