McGough is a respected partner that brings six generations of experience to high profile, unique and complex construction projects. We take great pride in our people and their extraordinary expertise in planning, development, construction and facility management. McGough employee tenure reflects the commitment and pride we share in our work. Ask anyone who knows us - the caliber of our people sets us apart.
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SPECIALIST
The Accounts Payable Specialist will be responsible for a range of general accounting tasks but will be primarily responsible for all accounting work with processing accounts payable and expense reporting.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- 2+ years of Accounts Payable experience
- Ability to organize and prioritize responsibilities
- Strong problem solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, especially with Excel
- Ability to function as an integral team member, working under time constraints and meeting deadlines in a changing environment
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision
- Embodies personal integrity and keeps confidences
- Associate’s Degree in Accounting or Business
- Construction Industry experience
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Upload invoices into the scanning system
- Daily processing of General & Administrative invoices
- Coding and entering expense reports
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Match invoices to checks, obtain all signatures for checks and distribute checks accordingly
- Understand the relevant components of the geographic area of the project (i.e. sales/use tax)
- Maintain records for A/P transactions showing details suitable for audit in accordance with GAAP, Federal, state and local laws and regulations
- Reconcile vendor statements
- Ensure proper maintenance of Customer and Vendor records (i.e. address, phone number, contacts, etc.)
- Collect and review P Card statements and receipts
- Develop and maintain positive professional relationships with project teams, customers, subcontractors and suppliers
- View every interaction as an opportunity to add value and enhance relationships
- Other responsibilities as assigned
The physical requirements listed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position involves sitting for extended periods of time at employee’s work station and during meetings as well as while traveling, either by plane or car. Employee needs to be able to lift up to 20 pounds as frequently as needed to move objects; dexterity to write and manipulate computer keyboard and mouse; ability to hear and speak clearly; and ability to distinguish between colors on graphs and charts.
Occasionally, employee will be required to visit construction jobsites which may expose the employee to dirt, dust, uneven surfaces, outdoor weather conditions and extreme temperatures.