Sequence Inc. is a total quality solutions provider to the Pharmaceutical, Biotech, and Medical Device industries. United with our clients, we strive to provide services that result in deliverables of the highest quality. Through our knowledge, experience, and integrity we offer a level of service that is unsurpassed industry-wide. We specialize in providing excellence in Automation & Control Systems Validation, Information Systems Validation, Software Configuration/Builds & Administration, Training, Equipment & Utility Qualification and Validation, Laboratory Instrument Qualification, Project Leadership, Auditing, SOP Development, Remediation, and much more.
At Sequence Inc., our employees embody core values that strengthen our culture and guide our overall success. The ability to maintain a selfless, humble Attitude creates a respectful environment where ideas are shared and valued. Our teams possess the technical proficiency to do the work and the Aptitude to continue learning, growing and stretching their potential. Our unstoppable Initiative and willingness to get things done using new ideas grow our capabilities and drives our future achievements.
We are currently looking for a Metrologist (Consultant level) within the Raleigh-Durham area, with a background in Analytical Instrument Calibration and a solid understanding of ISO 17025. Candidates with a willingness to travel a minimum of 75% or more will be considered a top priority.
- Performs calibration of test and measurement equipment.
- Maintenance and calibration of analytical instruments such as HPLC, GC, UV, etc.
- Ensure on-time calibration of laboratory standards and equipment in accordance with current Good Manufacturing Practices, policies and procedures.
- Create and verify calibration data sheets for technical content and accuracy based on instrument specifications and approved calibration procedures.
- Assist in training and mentoring junior employees.
- Assist in scheduling of field service personnel.
- Responsible for some capital projects associated with instrumentation and metrology. Must be able to manage expense budget.
- Must develop a good understanding of the details of systems/equipment and be able to work in a cGMP (FDA regulated) environment.
- Advanced knowledge of metrology practices and theories with an emphasis on laboratory and manufacturing equipment used in the pharmaceutical/biotech industries.
- Experience training and mentoring junior employees.
- Good understanding of cGMP.
- Must work well in a collaborative environment.
- Possess troubleshooting and repair capabilities, and the ability to work on unique equipment with product information.
- Proficient in Windows-based software.
- Skilled in communication with customers and peers.
- The ability to organize and schedule workflows in a dynamic working environment.
Preferred Experience Level:
- BS or MS in Life Sciences, Engineering, or equivalent field
- 3 to 5 years of experience working as a laboratory or facility metrologist.
- Perform work in several disciplines of test and measurement equipment in various fields including pipettes, balances, temperature/humidity measuring devices, signal generators, and general test equipment.
Our consultants must be knowledgeable and willing to go the extra mile in service of a client, your success is our success. Here are some of the Benefits we offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Employer-paid long-term disability and short-term disability
- A $50,000 team member only life insurance & ADD policy
- 401k plan with employer contributions
- Generous PTO/ Time off
- Bonus Plan
- Reimbursable Expenses (Phone, Internet, and Mileage to Client Site)
We value our employees, and beyond the great pay and benefits we offer, we care most about offering opportunity. We are a rapidly growing consulting firm and would love to discuss the prospect of you joining our team. Sequence Inc. is proud to provide Equal Employment Opportunities, EOE/M/F/D/V, to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Sequence or an affiliated Sequence business may not be eligible for consideration.