Formed in 2002 out of a need for high-caliber consultants within the life sciences industry. Sequence, Inc. is well-known in regulated industries as a validation, engineering, and commissioning services provider, specializing in quality and compliance services for software, IT infrastructure, laboratory instruments, analytical methods, equipment, automation, cleaning and utilities, as well as process optimization, laboratory software support, remediation, calibration, regulatory compliance services, system/facility startup and much more. All of our work is done in-house with oversight from a management team that cuts its teeth in regulatory compliance.
We are currently looking for a Metrologist (Consultant level) for the Raleigh-Durham area, with a background in Analytical Instrument Calibration and a solid understanding of ISO 17025. Candidates with a willingness to travel a minimum of 25% or more will be considered a top priority.
- Performs calibration of test and measurement equipment.
- Maintenance and calibration of analytical instruments such as HPLC, GC, UV, etc.
- Ensure on-time calibration of laboratory standards and equipment in accordance with current Good Manufacturing Practices, policies and procedures.
- Create and verify calibration data sheets for technical content and accuracy based on instrument specifications and approved calibration procedures.
- Assist in training and mentoring junior employees.
- Assist in scheduling of field service personnel.
- Responsible for some capital projects associated with instrumentation and metrology. Must be able to manage expense budget.
- Must develop a good understanding of the details of systems/equipment and be able to work in a cGMP (FDA regulated) environment.
- Advanced knowledge of metrology practices and theories with an emphasis on laboratory and manufacturing equipment used in the pharmaceutical/biotech industries.
- Experience training and mentoring junior employees.
- Good understanding of cGMP.
- Must work well in a collaborative environment.
- Possess troubleshooting and repair capabilities, and the ability to work on unique equipment with product information.
- Proficient in Windows-based software.
- Skilled in communication with customers and peers.
- The ability to organize and schedule workflows in a dynamic working environment.
Preferred Experience Level:
- BS or MS in Life Sciences, Engineering, or equivalent field
- 3 to 5 years of experience working as a laboratory or facility metrologist.
- Perform work in several disciplines of test and measurement equipment in various fields including pipettes, balances, temperature/humidity measuring devices, signal generators, and general test equipment.
Our consultants must be knowledgeable and willing to go the extra mile in service of a client, your success is our success. Here are some of the Benefits we offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401k plan with employer contributions
- Generous PTO/ Time off
- Bonus Plan
- Reimbursable Expenses (Phone, Internet, and Mileage to Client Site)
We value our employees, and beyond the great pay and benefits, we care most about offering opportunity. We are a rapidly growing consulting firm and would love to discuss the prospect of you joining our team. Sequence Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/V/D/F. You will be considered for this position based upon your experience, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, ancestry; marital, disabled or veteran status. Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Sequence.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Sequence or an affiliated Sequence business may not be eligible for consideration.