Since 1946, Davis-Ulmer Sprinkler Co. has been providing full service fire sprinkler, suppression, alarm, and security systems to its customers, while maintaining our reputation as being one of the best companies in the business in the Northeast region. Davis-Ulmer contributes its success to their loyal employees and customers. The company's overall work force has grown and as we move forward, we foresee continued expansion throughout the Northeast.
What we offer
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending
- Health Savings
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life and Disability Insurance Options
The Inspections Admin is responsible for the day to day operations in the inspection/service departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Run orders and reports from database
- Maintain positive customer relationships
- Work closely with Service dept and with Inspectors/Techs
- Verify when reports have come into the database and are ready for billing
- Submit reports weekly to local code enforcement and water authorities.
- Maintain customer and/or system information in database(s) and answer any general inquiries.
- Assist the Billing dept or the Inspection Manager with special projects such as distribution of marketing materials, filing, payroll/time backup, renewal agreements, etc.
- May assist in obtaining information needed for each job such as, PO#’s, tax-exempt forms, insurance certificates, and certified payroll information.
- Scans and uploads documents to the online document storage system for the entire department- to include invoices, purchase orders, contracts and other information needed based on the customer.
- Other duties as assigned
No direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Strong computer skills
- Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail
- Good verbal communication skills
- Good customer service skills
- Ability to be flexible and handle scheduling changes
- Knowledge of fire protection systems a plus
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma/GED with Associate’s Degree preferred
- One to two years of experience in office admin
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Office environment with moderate noise levels
- Mostly sedentary role with the need to move about the office to file, copy, scan and fax
- Ability to be on the phone and computer consistently throughout the day
LIMITATIONS and DISCLAIMER:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.