Since 1946, Davis-Ulmer Sprinkler Co. has been providing full service fire sprinkler, suppression, alarm, and security systems to its customers, while maintaining our reputation as being one of the best companies in the business in the Northeast region. Davis-Ulmer contributes its success to their loyal employees and customers. The company's overall work force has grown and as we move forward, we foresee continued expansion throughout the Northeast.
Davis-Ulmer is looking for an intern in data analysis to join our team. The Data Analyst Intern will assist in connecting, communicating and ensuring accessibility of organizational data. This individual will work within multiple levels of the organization from project teams to executive management functions. They will help lead the digital transformation within the organization, utilizing the data to create strategic priorities, increase efficiencies and enhance the decision making of the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work to visualize operational and financial data in new and innovative ways
- Create and maintain financial reconciliation reports
- Create and maintain individualized operational reports and dashboards
- Work with executive management to create executive dashboards and reports
- Help facilitate training for organizational users on reports and information access
- Provide input and advice on the strategic direction of the business using analytics and data
- Leverage the data to develop predictive analytic solutions for the business
- No direct supervisory responsibilities
- 15-20 hours/week availability
- Good oral, written and telephone skills
- Good customer service skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Able to simplify and communicate complex ideas and information
- Prioritization and management of multiple tasks
- Proven data modeling proficiency
- Detail oriented and dependable
- Must be a self-starter who takes initiative and anticipates needs
- Innovative thinker that can leverage new ideas
- Ability to implement new ideas and initiatives
- Organization skills, with an ability to stay focused on assigned tasks
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma/GED; working toward a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Finance or Operations Management or related field of study
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- None required for this position
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Office environment – moderate noise
- Mostly sedentary role
- Requires using the computer consistently throughout the day
- May require travel to other company locations and corporate meetings (10-20% Travel)
LIMITATIONS and DISCLAIMER:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.