Assistant Commercial Property Manager
BLT (www.bltoffice.com) is a vertically-integrated developer and operator of both multifamily and commercial properties. BLT is the largest commercial landlord in Stamford and Norwalk, CT and has invested in, developed, owned and managed more than 25 million square feet of commercial, hotel and residential properties across 26 states. In addition to the commercial portfolio, in the last 10 years, BLT has constructed over 4,700 apartment units including 10 buildings (3,000 units) at Harbor Point in Stamford (www.harborpt.com) where they are the master developer, 1,100 units at the Beacon in Jersey City (www.thebeaconjc.com/), 470 units in Danbury (www.abbeywoodsct.com/) and 132 units in Norwalk (www.oneglover.com). BLT currently has more than 900 units under construction in Stamford and Norwalk with a robust pipeline of future projects., BLT is also the largest franchisee of Sotheby’s residential real estate brokerage, with 28 offices and 1,000 real estate agents.
Principal Objective of the Position
- Assist Director of Property Management with on-going management of the Stamford commercial portfolio
- Assist in procurement of all Stamford portfolio contracts including: security; landscaping; snow removal; cleaning; etc
- Create RFP documents; contact and meet with vendors; obtain bids and answer RFP questions; prepare leveling sheet for bids; provide recommendation for awards
- Assist in analyzing all purchases of services and products for potential cost savings
- Manage internal building inspection process to ensure the building and operations meet the BLT standard for each building
- Maintain schedule of inspections and conduct inspections as needed; maintain punch lists of follow up items per building; provide weekly updates on schedule and punch list items by building
- Prepare annual budget and function as Manager of the Harbor Point Planned Community Association
- Attend periodic meetings with Association managers; manage all operations of the common spaces including landscaping; snow removal; lighting; security; etc.
- Review and approve vendor invoices; review monthly operating report; prepare expense variance analysis
- Assist in preparation for and management of all significant events in the Parks, boardwalk, etc – holiday tree lighting; movies; shows/exhibits; etc.
- Work with Director of Security and security officers on a daily basis, and most importantly, for activities at the properties and for events
- Assist Marketing team with tenant announcements and distribution of marketing material
- Organize community tours of the Harbor Point Association and leasing tours
- Handle all event planning for tenants (blood drives, tenant appreciation days, holiday themed activities, coordinate vendors to visit properties to sell merchandise
- Develop new ideas for community improvement and assist with the development of outreach programs
- Manage process to obtain and distribute weekly the summary report of weekend activity at all buildings Collect information regarding all Stamford properties
- Assists Property Managers as needed with administrative tasks or visiting properties to check on the building status in managers absence
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required with a concentration in business, finance, accounting and/or real estate.
- MBA / Industry Accreditation Preferred (CCIM, etc.) preferred
- One to two years commercial property management experience preferred
- Commercial operations and construction management experience preferred
- Strong financial background with knowledge of real estate
- Computer literacy to operate spreadsheet and word processing applications (i.e. Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint).
- Excellent project management skills
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Adept communicator both orally and written
- Results driven
- Industry Accreditation Preferred (CCIM, etc.)
Job Type: Full-time