Since 1946, Davis-Ulmer Sprinkler Co. has been providing full service fire sprinkler, suppression, alarm, and security systems to its customers, while maintaining our reputation as being one of the best companies in the business in the Northeast region. Davis-Ulmer contributes its success to their loyal employees and customers. The company's overall work force has grown and as we move forward, we foresee continued expansion throughout the Northeast.
What we offer
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending
- Health Savings
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life and Disability Insurance Options
The Shop Assistant handles the delivery of tools and materials to the job sites, along with the maintenance of the shop.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in ensuring material is available for the shop and possibly other DU locations
- Prepares each job in accordance with the fabrication list or verbal/written instructions.
- Operates shop equipment and machinery in accordance with safety requirements
- Reports problems and discrepancies to Management
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area at all times
- Assists the Shop Manager as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Good mathematical skills with the ability to read a tape measure and add/subtract fractions
- Good communication, organizational, reading and time management skills
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Previous experience in a shop / warehouse setting a plus
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Must have valid State Driver License
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds by self and up to 100 pounds assisted (with another person or mechanical assistance)
- Ability to climbs ladders up to 6 foot
- Ability to drive a fork-lift
- Shop environment with exposure to outside elements during all seasons
LIMITATIONS and DISCLAIMER:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.