McGough is a respected partner that brings six generations of experience to high profile, unique and complex construction projects. We take great pride in our people and their extraordinary expertise in planning, development, construction and facility management. McGough employee tenure reflects the commitment and pride we share in our work. Ask anyone who knows us - the caliber of our people sets us apart.
SERVICE CENTER MECHANIC
The primary role of Service Center Mechanic is to repair and maintain a variety of construction tools and equipment; including, but not limited to; power tools, generators, trucks, forklifts, trailers, troweling machines, etc. This role must also be prepared to perform unscheduled maintenance needs. Additional duties may be required at times, see below.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must have mechanical experience
- Previous work on diesel equipment, small engines, power tools, miscellaneous construction equipment
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving variables in standard situations
- Excellent verbal, written and listening skills
- Simple computer skills required for minimum job functions of service center operations
- Vocational Training and/or shop experience
- Truck preventative maintenance experience
- Customer Service Orientated
- Excellent Organizational skills
- Attention to Detail
- Ability to work independently and with a team
Office and Travel:
Occasional travel to job sites, but very limited.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Repair and maintenance on a variety of tools and equipment
- Preventative maintenance on trucks
- All types of construction equipment including power tools, generators. Forklifts etc.
- Additional duties
- Organize equipment and materials
- May be required to fill orders
- Order shop supplies
- Make occasional deliveries
- Strongly adhere to all best-in-class safety practices, both documented and implied
- Other duties may be assigned
The physical requirements listed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position involves standing for a period of time. Employee needs to be able to lift up to 50 pounds as frequently as needed to move objects; dexterity to write and manipulate computer keyboard and mouse; ability to hear and speak clearly; and ability to distinguish between colors on graphs and charts.
Occasionally, employee will be required to visit construction jobsites which may expose the employee to dirt, dust, uneven surfaces, outdoor weather conditions and extreme temperatures.