McGough is a respected partner that brings six generations of experience to high profile, unique and complex construction projects. We take great pride in our people and their extraordinary expertise in planning, development, construction and facility management. McGough employee tenure reflects the commitment and pride we share in our work. Ask anyone who knows us - the caliber of our people sets us apart.
QUALITY CONTROL SPECIALIST
The primary role of the Quality Control Specialist is to review building plans and drawings to ensure constructability and code adherence for all projects within McGough.
- 10+ years of experience working in construction field leadership roles such as Assistant Superintendent or Superintendent.
- Strong knowledge of construction sequencing.
- Knowledge of building fire ratings.
- Knowledge of building envelopes.
- Knowledge of the IBC Codes and related material.
- Civil inspection, mechanical inspection, and minor electrical experience is advantageous.
- Strong critical thinking, creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and listening skills.
- Ability to build to relationships and deal with issues calmly.
- Experience with construction-related software including Bluebeam, Plan Grid and Microsoft office.
- Four-year degree in construction management or engineering.
- Building official certifications.
- Plan review knowledge.
Office and Travel:
Regular travel up to 50% of the time depending upon local and regional project locations.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Strong attention to detail and relating that to drawings.
- Learn and understand building codes that apply to each unique project to ensure regulations are being followed by all parties working on project site including subcontractors.
- Coordinate with project teams to ensure sound engineering principles, and construction best practices are utilized on project.
- Perform or guide enclosure related construction observations, administration, and evaluation of contractor performance to ensure project deliverables and quality standards are achieved.
- Review or guide review of construction-related drawings, technical specifications, reports, and other construction documents related to enclosure systems for new and existing construction projects.
- Ensure company standards as outlined in quality control/assurance manual are effectively implemented.
- Observe site functional performance testing and review construction mock-up designs.
- Perform investigations and site reviews to determine design and repair options, building investigation reports and other construction documents related to project investigations.
The physical requirements listed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position requires performance of duties outdoors in a variety of weather conditions. Exposure to dirt, dust, and other materials is routine and may require the use of protective clothing and respirators. Jobs require an employee to frequently work on high structures such as ladders and scaffolds. Employee needs to be able to occasionally lift a maximum of 50 lbs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand; talk or hear; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to sit and frequently climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.