Building and Land Technology (BLT) is a privately held, vertically integrated, mixed use real estate development, property management and private equity firm (www.bltoffice.com). BLT was founded in 1982 and has developed, owned and managed over five million square feet of commercial space and over 4,500 residential units. BLT office holdings include the corporate headquarters for Gen Re, GE Commercial Finance, Diageo, GE Real Estate, Xerox, GE Energy, Marriott Hotels and Resorts, and Structured Portfolio Management. BLT’s numerous office parks, apartment complexes, single family subdivisions, common interest communities and adaptive reuse projects total in excess of 8,000,000 square feet of development throughout Fairfield County. BLT is also the developer of Harbor Point (www.harborpt.com), a transformative mixed-use development in Stamford, CT. One of the largest redevelopments on the eastern seaboard, Harbor Point encompasses an entire neighborhood, with more than 4,000 residential units and several million square feet of commercial development. BLT’s holdings include more than 100 active real estate companies, a majority interest in William Pitt Sotheby’s residential brokerage firm with 28 offices and 1,100 agents, a mortgage and insurance company as well as numerous private equity investments.
Education and Experience:
You must have a minimum of a Bachelor Degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture, with minimum 5+ years’ post-graduate experience.
As a Interior Designer, you will have proven experience of having successfully led a design team and project(s) from inception to completion, whilst also demonstrating exceptional design skills. Furthermore, you will be comfortable working autonomously and possess exceptional attention to detail.
- Completion of at least 2 high-end large scale luxury residential or luxury hotel projects from beginning to end
- Ability to create and develop conceptual designs
- Experience of multi-unit developments and also the construction administration side, marking up shop drawings etc.
- Advanced skills in PhotoShop, InDesign and freehand sketching; Sketch Up is a plus
- Knowledge of FF&E selection (materials, finishes, detailing and scheduling)
- Experience in drawing custom furniture via hand sketch and/or AutoCAD
- Experience in Studio software (FF&E procurement program) or similar
- Good knowledge of building & ADA codes; and hospitality & commercial grade material requirements pertaining to fabrics and finishes
- Self-motivated and good team player able to work quickly and efficiently in an organized manner
- Self-confident, receptive to constructive feedback
- Proven experience in dealing with suppliers and contractors
- Solid network of high end/luxury product vendors
- Fully competent to oversee FF&E specifications of all soft and hard materials/finishes, and project schedules: plumbing fixture, finish, lighting, door hardware, etc.
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written and visual
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Managing projects efficiently, within schedule, budget and client and/or brand parameters
- Managing live projects
- Managing the procurement of FF&E products
- Building and growing existing client relationships
Working closely with the owner, you will be expected to be proactive and use your initiative on following up on new business opportunities.