Job Summary: Jamar Company is a full service, commercial roofing firm providing roof repairs, reroofs, and new construction roofing within MN, WI, ND. We are seeking a full-time experienced roofing service technician to complement our service crews. We are seeking an ambitious individual that is highly professional with commercial roofing experience and has a desire to grow. The roofing service technician will participate in the repair, maintenance, inspection and installation of roof systems. Willing to become a member of the local roofing union, Local 96.
- 5 years' roofing service repair experience specializing in leak detection and troubleshooting all types of roof systems and making appropriate repairs as necessary and directed
- Ability to represent the company with internal and external customers in a manner that’s consistent with our mission, vision and values.
- Strong knowledge of commercial/industrial roofing safety procedures and OSHA requirements
- Experience working with hand/power tools, reading specs, accurate measuring, able to climb ladders, and working at heights
- Proficient with computers and ability to use company software
- Valid driver’s license, a good driving record, and ability to work flexible schedules, including travel regionally for project specific work.
- Able to pass a pre-employment drug test per union requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform service duties as directed, such as leak calls, roof repairs, maintenance, and re-roof projects and other necessary services as required
- Perform service inspections and evaluations
- Maintain good working relationships and be able to effectively communicate with clients
- Follow all safety guidelines and set-up safety systems
- Perform work in a productive, professional and efficient manner
- May be required to install, repair or provide support to roofing crews as needed for project specific work
- Prep and set up at work sites. Inspect equipment, structures and materials.
- Ensure roofing products are used as directed, including adhesives, caulking, sealants, or coatings.
- Clean up debris from the roof surface and surrounding property.
- Evaluate approach to work and determine compliance with standards and company safety policies and procedures. Always maintain awareness of project timelines and details related to project scope.
Physical Demands / Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Walking includes moving within a project site, including uneven surface/ground and working at heights.
- Requires balance: Roofers work on roofs, so balance is crucial to the job and a roofer's safety, in addition to no fear of heights.
- Ability to lift up to 80 pounds as necessary
- Must be able to climb and carry a 40’ ladder
- Requires stamina: Roofers spend most of their day on their feet outside, sometimes during intense heat or cold.
- Requires repetitive movement, bending or twisting, kneeling, crouching, stooping or crawling, climbing, lifting, reaching and grasping.
- Ability to stand and walk, lift and carry items weighing 50 pounds on a regular basis
- The environmental conditions for this position include climate controlled indoor activity to inclement outdoor extremes of cold, heat, dust, wind and various forms of precipitation. Exposure to a variety of noise and equipment vibration.
- Position is often in a heavy manufacturing/industrial area and will require 95% of time on project work sites.
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) appropriate for environment. PPE required when in the plant, yard or construction areas include:
- Hard Hat
- Safety Glasses / Goggles
- Steel-toed Boots
- Reflective Vest
- Hearing Protection (designated areas)
Jamar is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. We encourage women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities to apply.